Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Go to the dealer and give them the vin number of the car they can make a key for you on the spot.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Just sell me your car for $5 and I'll come pick it up, or you could do the VIN thing.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
this might sound like a stupid idea but you can hotwire it for the timebeing. i had to do this on my old saab for like 2 months while they were trying to find the thing that they key goes into. (wow talk about being vague lol). its not like in the movies though. get to the wires that are underneath where the key goes. now my memory is sorta fuzzy about this so im going to explain it in sorta audio hu terms. you have to connect the three ground wires together. then you connect the constant power wires together. and then you touch it with the 12v power wire and this will cause your engine to turn over. once it turns over you take the 12v wire off and you should be good.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Even if he does start it, there is an obstical called a "steering column lock."

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
lol never thought about that, ya see the old saaber didnt have one.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
just go to acura and use the VIN, I had to do that for my 94 just because the key was getting so worn I had to jostle it in the lock for a few minutes to get it to turn. And yeah, they stamped a new one for me at no charge, then again the guy at Ron Tonkin acura here in Oregon who is at the service desk is a pretty cool guy, told me all kinds of stuff about my car before I came here.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
so it only cost $5? cool, I bought my car about 3 years ago, only came with one key and have still not got another one made. now I have something to do tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts