Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOT IN A WRECK ABOUT A MoNTH AGO AND MY HEADERS HAVE I GOOD SIZE DENT IN THEM AND MY AEM CAI HAS 3 OR 4 DENTS IN THEM..HOW MUCH OF A POWER LOSS DO U THINK IM GETTING..SHOULD I JUST GET A NEW CAI W/ A BYEPASS oN IT...THANKS

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't type in all caps. If the dents in the CAI aren't too big, they won't really affect your power. It would be much easier to tell if you had some pictures to look at. If you do decide to get a new CAI, the bypass valve makes you not gain as much power, and I think it may make even less power than a short ram.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Whoa, easy on the caps man! Writing in all caps is almost as bad as writing with no punctuation.

BTW: Yes, you proably are losing power. How big are the dents? Also, it's a header, not headers. You only got one, right? =)
A new intake would mean $$... If you got enough laying around to spend on a brand new one, go ahead, but I wouldn't get a bypass valve... there really is no practical use for it. It's just something AEM sells to make extra money from those who don't know any better.

Edit: Tim, you got to him before I did... =) We practically said the exact same thing too... lol

-Ep

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
EpsilonGSR on Aug/21/02 said:
If you got enough laying around to spend on a brand new one, go ahead, but I wouldn't get a bypass valve... there really is no practical use for it. It's just something AEM sells to make extra money from those who don't know any better.

-Ep
There is a practical use for the bypass valve. From what I hear it is to protect your engine if the air filter gets completely submerged in water. i personally don't drive through lakes, but if you wanna take your integra off roading, you might wanna get the bypass valve... turn your CAI upside down and run it as a snorkle. as far as the dents go, i wouldn't worry about it if they are only minor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts