Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly 3 weeks to almost 4 weeks, ago. I purchased a set of Blades from “ALUCARD” on TI.

First off, It was sent in 4 boxes (ea. Rim to its own).
Well, just yesterday…

I received 2 of 4 packages, each one is insured.
When I opened the package and examined my item. I notice deep scratch and dents. I then compared the item to original statement and pictures that was provided by ALUCARD to insure I was not mistaken.
The way the damage looks and is, you can also conclude it was done recently and also the box came with a few dent/holes.

It’s been roughly 11 days and I only received 2 of 4 packages. Which I am already not too happy on the delay; however, this is very frustrating when I have to find one of the packages I have so far, DAMAGED.
I am pretty sure the carrier either opening my box intentionally and taunted with the rim or… had to replace the original box due to damage of the box but in the process damaged my rim and had to put it in a new box. The reason I say this is because, I also found in the package. What seems to be the a piece of the original box because I compared it to the first rim’s package and it was the same taping.

I never have been through this kind of problem before and I plain to go make a claim today at the local post office. What really was displeasing or tops it off is that. I didn’t even get any kind of courtesy note from USPS. Very bad practice! I had to find the bad surprise myself.
ALUCARD did insure ea. Rim for $100 so hopefully I can get that claim because I am very unhappy with the outcome and I am still waiting for my other 2 rim. HOPING, they are at least like it is still how it was sent.
My question is… has anyone gone through this?

I printed out all the information provided by ALUCARD, pictures of the damage rim and its box.
Any help for this to ‘at least’ be a easy to get this compensated?

I think USPS should be reimbursing me for $100 on this damaged rim here without note. This is just very frustrating for me to not have my car to drive for a month then on the rim I ordered is damaged!

Adam,
Please give me a call and send me the original receipts. Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
are those curbage originally there?
from the original pics there doesn't seem to be any curbage on any of them. usps open up and took your rims for a stroll?

i mean I don't see how its possible for a even a drop to cause that and you did say it took long right?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sxytegal on Feb/09/06 said:
are those curbage originally there?
from the original pics there doesn't seem to be any curbage on any of them. usps open up and took your rims for a stroll?

i mean I don't see how its possible for a even a drop to cause that and you did say it took long right?

Yes, I have only recieved 2 rims out of 4 so far and its been 2-3 weeks for just 2. what is funny is that the one I got yesterday was the one that was slowest to update on their tracking system...

I am wondering if the usps handler were kids and was in Dallas where it happened (bigger import scene). They took it for a damn joy ride with my wheels and Admas paid off work; however, then I hope and find that to be very unlikely... unless tehy replaced the rim with a bad one and swapped the center caps.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I just realized... did you say usps??

Thats the last carrier id ever use to ship anything.

That, and 9 times out of 10, people dont use insurance with usps, with ups, its automatically insured to 100.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
mavliu on Feb/09/06 said:
I am wondering if the usps handler were kids and was in Dallas where it happened (bigger import scene). They took it for a damn joy ride with my wheels and Admas paid off work.

Yea, i'm sure some employees:
1) Snuck these out the back door
2) Went ot a tire shop and put their tires on your rims
3) Joyrided which included scraping next to curbs
4) Swapped the tires back on their rims
5) Sunck the rims back into the shipping center
6) Repackaged the rims
7) Sent them back on their way to you

that's believable

Quote: 95SilverBullet on Feb/09/06 dude, unless he didnt package worth a ****(in which case a claim will get y ou NOWHERE) It looks like that **** was already there....
Especially since one of those images above looks like it cannot be anything but curb damage

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MorningZ on Feb/09/06 said:
Quote: mavliu on Feb/09/06I am wondering if the usps handler were kids and was in Dallas where it happened (bigger import scene). They took it for a damn joy ride with my wheels and Admas paid off work.

Yea, i'm sure some employees:
1) Snuck these out the back door
2) Went ot a tire shop and put their tires on your rims
3) Joyrided which included scraping next to curbs
4) Swapped the tires back on their rims
5) Sunck the rims back into the shipping center
6) Repackaged the rims
7) Sent them back on their way to you

that's believable

Quote: 95SilverBullet on Feb/09/06dude, unless he didnt package worth a ****(in which case a claim will get y ou NOWHERE) It looks like that **** was already there....

Especially since one of those images above looks like it cannot be anything but curb damage

Z, I find it hard to believe as well.

Alucard, may you clarify somethings here and plz call me over the phone with the # I provided over pm.

·
Registered
179 Posts
in some pictures it looks like curbage in others it all swirly goes up and down like damage from some sort of spike. if you belive the box was opened maybe then just dropped it, which in that case they should replace, from those pictures i would be convinced if it was drops on some hard surface and maybe landed on a small metal pole.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i work at ups and from what ive seen it looks like shipping damage. i see rims often shipped in boxes with no protection to the rim other than thin ply cardboard.( you gotta protect those lips) these boxes often get damaged due to the fact that you have a 10-20lb metal rim in a cardboard box! almost everything inside ups hubs are either concrete or metal and its safe to say that usps would be no different.

this especially looks like it was damaged in route. perhaps dropped or slid on something metal. remember.. package it like its going through hell.

edit: Question.. on the damage to the lip, are there 4 on the rim? maybe across from eachother? (cant tell from the picture) if so this may be proof of poor package handling.

·
Registered
169 Posts
pseudoyou on Feb/09/06 said:
i work at ups and from what ive seen it looks like shipping damage. i see rims often shipped in boxes with no protection to the rim other than thin ply cardboard.( you gotta protect those lips) these boxes often get damaged due to the fact that you have a 10-20lb metal rim in a cardboard box! almost everything inside ups hubs are either concrete or metal and its safe to say that usps would be no different.

this especially looks like it was damaged in route. perhaps dropped or slid on something metal. remember.. package it like its going through hell.

edit: Question.. on the damage to the lip, are there 4 on the rim? maybe across from eachother? (cant tell from the picture) if so this may be proof of poor package handling.
^ exactly. I work at UPS here too in Michigan, and that is EXACTLY what happens to wheels. They're shipped in nothing but a cardboard box that will get wet, torn, etc. and can easily rip open and scrape against anything in the terminals/trucks/carts/belt system/ etc etc. I myself load 3 trucks in the morning, one of which supplies a tire company that gets wheels once a week. You honestly would not believe how much your packages get thrown around in the heat of the sort...like he said...package them like they're going through hell, because they probably are.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
yea i have wheels come through ups in the morning all the time and they are in a small thin box that always rips open. you need to use something to cover up the wheels when its inside the box for better protection

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well spoke with Discount Tires and USPS.

In order for this one to get repaired. It cost $160
USPS will be investigating this.

A side note for people to be aware of... if you do get a damaged item through usps and claim it. They usually auction the item out so you do not get to keep it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
As this story ends.

Lesson: Package better - common sense approach on heavy goods

Point Taken: Insurance on each item will pay for professional refurbishment.

Not the end of the world.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alucard and to everyone, if you ever plan to ship big and expensive things. Please package well and send with UPS or if must USPS, at least Priority mail, NOT PARCEL. I always used UPS for rims, I had a feeling that USPS was a mistake but since it was already sent out for me to have a say. I was putting trust into you Adam...

all I can hope now is my other two rims are in conditions I expect it to be (stock like condition) and according to first (before bought) description.

Alucard, I am still waiting for a call or contact.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
WTF? we exhanged PM's since you first inquired about these rims and your gonna put my name out here for people to assume and blast? atleast you could of told me of this thread so i can chime in...and why is it that you keep asking questions on here that you've ask me on PM and i've asnwered you already? i've replied back with a contact number and when it was best to call me.

let me tell you guys something who thinks i didnt pack it well. i work at a place where i have access to shipping department(cardboards/foam cushions/shipping tape etc.) i've packed for 2yrs now and i ALWAYS reinforce my boxes to the extreme. if this was a trend why is it that my feedback rating is perfect on here and 100+ on ebay? you guys also wanna know something? THAT WAS NOT MY BOX OR HANDWRITING! which i was shocked beyond belief....i could not imagine that someone would open up my box and damage the rims then have the balls to box it up and send it to Wayne. i've used USPS about half the time and have never ran into this problem, so i was not aware of it. but from now on i guess i'm gonna have to use UPS only. i still cant believe that USPS is pointing fingers at me. THE RIMS LEFTED MY HANDS IN MINT CoNDIToN AND WAS SUPOSE TO GET THERE IN 4 DAYS. it was their screw up how can they point at me?

i'll stop my ranting and let our PM's do the talking and you guys will see how far i went to helping Wayne resolve this matter, for those that care.

PM EXCHANGED SINCE HE FIRST INQUIRED ABOUT THE RIMS BELOW

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent By: mavliu
Sent (Server Time): Feb/14/06 at 9:47am

Adam,

I highly doubt they would give me all $400.
They told me to speak with you simply because. Why sent a box that was easy to tear in the first place... Thats what they said. I would have to agree on them, which is why I mentioned before also. Don't use usps especially parcel for something like this. They told me to ask for a refund from you believe or not but I told them the point was they ****ed it up without telling me. Very bad business practice.

I know you been helping and I appreciate it so settle down. I am not pointing fingers at you :)

I am speechless how this was sent and how its still trying to get to me...

Thanks

Sent By: ALUCARD
Sent (Server Time): Feb/13/06 at 9:40pm

why cant you do this.....tell them to give you $400 since its all insured for that much? chances are you wont be seeing the last two anyways. i dont know why talking to me would make any differences, they are the ones that lost/messed it up. man, i love how people **** up and just point fingers. i've done all that i can dude, i sent everything that your gonna need to file a claim or whatever. i'm just speechless as to how this got all ****ed up.....

Sent (Server Time): Feb/13/06 at 7:34pm

Thanks but I still have not gotten any of the last 2 rims yet... I am very frustrated on this whole thing, usps wants to take my wheels and I don't know. They are telling me to talk to the seller, you... I don't how this is going to be resolved. I may have to end up paying $160 to get it repair ot let usps take it and give me $100 since its insured for that much. I haven't even got the last two man... could you do something about this? I am taking my teg tomorrow tot he dealer to have them look at all the other things... anything you can do to help me out be great.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/13/06 at 11:18am

insurance/tracking number/delivery confirmation is being sent out right now. i sealed it with a clear tape and they would have to destroy the envelope in order to get to the paperworks, incase someone is trying to get to your mails. below is how the envelope should look like when you recieve it. i hope you get this resolved soon.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/09/06 at 11:43am

Adam,

Please be sure to send the cash reciepts as well if you still have.

And again, please call me or provide a # where I may reach you. If it is inconvenient for you at certain times, please state when would be best.

Thank you

Sent (Server Time): Feb/09/06 at 2:12am

sounds good bro. i'll do what you ask and give you an update on it.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/09/06 at 8:23am

Adam,

May you also send the original copies of the insured, tracking/confirm reciepts to me in an envelope.

Again, my address is

Wayne
6225 Babcock
San Antonio TX, 78240

I will need it for proof incase USPS don't take print out copies. I will be going in today to file a claim for this.

BTW... in the box I found what it seems to be the original box you packaged with. So there is more proof that it was opened and replaced with a new box without any notice. Very bad business practice right there.

If you may let them know and be aware of this as well, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent (Server Time): Feb/08/06 at 11:16am

ThanksHOLY **** DUDE! THAT IS NOT MY BOX I SENT YOU! i cant believe this is happeaning. this is unreal! first off:

1. i custome boxed the rims, I MADE THE BOXES MYSELF, with hard carboards to reinforce it. that is not the box that i sent.
2. THAT IS NOT MY HANDWRITING!
3. i would NEVER send something like that to anyone

WOW, i cannot believe what i am seeing. here's what i like you to do. does the deivery postage match the pictures that i sent you? i sent it 1-26-06. there for it should have gotten there in 4 days only. so if it doesnt match some muthafuckers form USPS opened up the box and ****ed with it. as a matter of fact i know for a fact they did, cuase THATS NOT MY BOX AND HANDWRITING! dame, dude. file a claim, i bought insurance for all 4 of the rims. dame those motherfuckers! lmk if theres anything else i can do to help.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/08/06 at 2:22pm

Adam,

I recieved another rim just now (0305 0830 0002 5202 9113). Still require two more; however, I also found this...

Link

From my understanding, I thought the conditions were like new after the repolish... I see deep scratches/dents and 2-3 curbage?

Please explain...

I can't say I am happy with this but I am not pointing fingers. I would just like some honest clarification. If its USPS, we need to file a claim or something because I did not pay for this...

Wayne

Sent (Server Time): Feb/07/06 at 8:03am

OMG....i will never ship through these guys again if i use a box. that is just rediculous. here are the tracking numbers/receipts/delivery confirmations sheets. the numbers there should more then help things out. lmk how it turns out.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/07/06 at 1:09pm

Adam,

Do you maybe have a Contact # I may reach incase?
I dunno, USPS is taking forever, I just hope it gets here today or this week and UNDAMAGE.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/07/06 at 4:59am

jesus.....that blows man. explain to me whats going on on....so your getting 1 box each time that its delievered only? not just that its, coming in various locations? wth? its suspose to be delivered TO YOUR DOOR? why is it somewhere 5hrs away from you? i dont really understand this situation at all. tell me everything so i know what to say to these guys over here if i call. thanks, sorry for the problem man. it was suspose to be smooth sailing once i sent it out. good thing i got all of them covered for $100 each.

Sent (Server Time): Feb/07/06 at 10:19am

Yea?
Heh, tell me about it

Two tracking #s are still showing in Saint Paul, MN

one arrived and one 5 hrs from me but like 3-4 days ago (no change).

0305 0830 0002 5202 9090
0305 0830 0002 5202 9106
0305 0830 0002 5202 9113
0305 0830 0002 5202 9120

Maybe you may give them a call and ask for me?

Sent (Server Time): Feb/06/06 at 9:59pm

dame, why in the world would they not send all 4 at the same time? that really sucks dude, if i knew it was gonna be a hassle like that i would have sent it UPS. i wanted to get them out fast so you can get them fast, but WTF? it was suspose to get to you within 4 days?

Sent (Server Time): Feb/06/06 at 7:24pm

Hey Adam,

just for future reference... maybe use UPS rather then USPS for big things like rims.

I have been out of transportation for roughly 3 weeks going on to the 4th and only have one rim in hand. I been using my mom's CRV and its been inconvenient for both parties at times... I had to miss several classes which semester just started so this is been rough.

Take care

Sent (Server Time): Jan/26/06 at 9:55pm

dame it, i forgot to tell you, i thought i did. it takes 6hrs- 1 day to get the tracking numbers into the data system. kinda like UPS. it should work now. lmk when you get them, thanks.

Sent (Server Time): Jan/26/06 at 9:07pm

Well its not so much about eager but the fact I have to work around my schedual in order to get my pickups since I have a busy schedual and to top it off... I am driving another car which makes it even even harder as far as time/schedualing goes.

My teg has been sitting in the garage for about 2 weeks. Anyways, thanks for the update; however, I tried all 4 and no luck. When did you send the wheels?

Sent (Server Time): Jan/26/06 at 1:40pm

packages sent via USPS. they will be coming in 4 boxes. if your eagar go to usps.com and type these numbers in.

0305 0830 0002 5202 9090
0305 0830 0002 5202 9106
0305 0830 0002 5202 9113
0305 0830 0002 5202 9120

enjoy bro. they looked beautiful while i boxed them. :crys:

Sent (Server Time): Jan/22/06 at 12:12pm

Adam,

I sent the money with the 'not suppose (against PP policy) fee. Please take change/take off your ebay and forum posts for these blades.

Please let me know when its sent. I look foward to leaving you another Positive feedback.

Thank you

Sent (Server Time): Jan/22/06 at 10:04am

paypal is [email protected]

when i see the payment, i'll pull the rims off the thread. dont forget the 3.5% paypal rape fee.....thank you.

Sent (Server Time): Jan/22/06 at 11:48am

Consider it sold,
I will pay with paypal today, once I get paypal email from you.

Thanks

Sent (Server Time): Jan/22/06 at 2:56am

best i can do is $450 shipped dude.

yes, they are REAL OEM BLADES. not the cheap replica that you thought about getting from ebay.
yes, i repolished the face only.
yes, they have no curbing,bents, etc.
yes, OEM centercaps included, BUT, the clear coat that covered the centercaps were corroded when i got them so i stripped them off as well and now i had a local shop custom made me a set of RED "A" for the centercaps. i'll show you tommorrow when daylight comes back....any other questions just ask. i just dont wanna answer anything for the 3rd time.

Sent (Server Time): Jan/21/06 at 11:52pm

Consider it sold?
$425 Shipped to 78240
Again these are real OEM blades?
Repolished on the FACE oNLY with no bents or curbs right? OEM centercaps included?

Sent (Server Time): Jan/20/06 at 3:16pm

there is nothing wrong with the rims. no dents/curbing/warpage etc. i only polished the face not the inside part you mentioned. though i like the bling, i didnt want a "mirror shine" on them as well. i wanted them to stay true to their origin. so i lefted the "gray" area alone. i didnt even sand it to smooth it out. again, i wanted it to keep its original look, just a new shinny mint face.

what you call peeling is not peeling. the black marks are rubber marks made from when the tires were put on/take off. lmk what you wanna do. i'm taking reasonable offers for them right now.

Sent (Server Time): Jan/20/06 at 3:24pm

May you send me individual and close ups of the blades?
I am interested; however, I like to know how the rim conditions of each, are. Also I personally love the satin or oem feel on the inside of ea. spoke. That is why I also am wondering if its just the faces and lip thats been re-polished or is it the whole entire rim (meaning the in-sides of ea. spokes).

How come there are peeling on the sides of the rim even though the tire will be covering it?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Well, looks to me like youve got a fight with USPS now. FEDEX tried to deny o n e of my claims, saying my packing was not enough, but my original packing was, had been DESTROYED, and they had 100% repacked it, and the ****tiest half ass way possible.

I wish both of you luck, and UPS has been extremely reliable for all my shipping needs, not perfect, but easy enough to deal with.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
for the record. if you ever owned gsr blades before, you'll know that the spokes sticks out higher then the lip, i made sure it had 3" space in the box before anything would touch the face. i cushioned it with plastic foam as well. so the box scratching the face is out of the question.

MorningZ on Feb/09/06 said:
Quote: 95SilverBullet on Feb/09/06dude, unless he didnt package worth a ****(in which case a claim will get y ou NOWHERE) It looks like that **** was already there....

Quote: sxytegal on Feb/09/06 are those curbage originally there?

Quote: emia6 on Feb/09/06 that clearly seems like curbage prior to shipping.

Quote: olletsocmit on Feb/09/06 wow. were they like that when they were shipped.and ups sucks

those that thought it was curb pior to shipping, let me guess. i polished them up, took pictures, mounted them on tires, ran them into curbs, took them off and boxed them up for Wayne? thats kinda dumb that it cost $80 to mount and balance tires, the and additional $40 to unmount them. i'm not that stupid.

so.....with that cleared up. these pictures were taken 5 minutes before they were packed. i dont see any curbages at all. Perfect TI feedbacks and 100+ ebay rating has to speak for something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.