Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I have owned 2 Integras in the past. A 1996 Black GSR and a 1998 Silver LS. I loved both cars and wish I never sold them.

Recently, I purchased a 2008 Honda Civic SI in really good condition with new paint. I have love that car and the K20 in it but it is my baby and I want to really preserve that car and keep the miles on the lower side. So I started looking for a car to replace that car as my daily.

Found a 2000 Acura LS with Auto trans. I wish it had a manual trans but also kind of stoked it's an auto. I'm going to be using this car to drop off and pickup my kids from school so having an auto in the stop and go traffic is a plus.

Here's some pictures of the car:

The main issues I see is the condition of the paint, the driver leather seat is torn, and the shift assembly is sticky. Not too bad overall.

Here's the plans for the car.

1. New Wet Okole Seat Covers in Black/Black
2. Weathertech or Husky Black Floor Liners and Trunk Liner
3. Type R Style Front Lip
4. Rear Mudguards
5. Mugen Style Window Visors
6. JDM Style Rear Window Visor
7. Silver GSR Wing
8. Black w/ Red Stitch Steering Wheel
9. Spoon Style Mirrors

First thing to do would be a full fluid change with Amsoil Fluids. Oil, Trans, Coolant, Brakes, etc.

I want to see the true health of the motor, so I will be doing an Engine and Transmission Flush with Amsoil products. Then fresh signature series oil, and hopefully everything is good. I'll also be adding the fuel additives to clean the injectors and the upper lubricant to lubricate all the parts.

Then a full interior and exterior detail. Disassemble the center console and clean it up to hopefully fix the stickiness. Reroute wiring and tuck neatly away with OEM wiring.

Full paint correction on the paint. Clean and restore plastics. Repaint the hood. I am going to try and do that myself and see how it comes out.

Touch up any chips in the paint and try to blend it out as best as possible.

There's tint on the windshield so I do plan on removing that.

Besides that, get a small amp and sub for the back and the car should be good to go. Be back with updates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking car. Great start for an upgrade. Keep it auto, B20 swap it for a while. Get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the fuel trim and focus on the rest of the car. Sell stock motor to pay back most of the swap. It's about the only good thing you can do with an auto besides bolt on's. Wish you could chip autos and do swaps like H22 or something cool. Also wish you could get converters and shift kits 😒

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking car. Great start for an upgrade. Keep it auto, B20 swap it for a while. Get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the fuel trim and focus on the rest of the car. Sell stock motor to pay back most of the swap. It's about the only good thing you can do with an auto besides bolt on's. Wish you could chip autos and do swaps like H22 or something cool. Also wish you could get converters and shift kits 😒
Thanks! I decided to not swap motors and keep it auto. Once I find a nice 5 speed, I'll buy it.

Here's the build progress so far...

First, I cleaned the interior and exterior of the car. I used some nice ceramic wax that really made the silver shine.

Next, I removed the blue floor mats and replaced with some black with red stitching floor mats I got off of ebay. I love how it looks.

I also changed the oil with NAPA Synthetic oil until my Amsoil comes in. Once the Amsoil comes in, I'll be doing the flush and using Amsoil signature oil.

Got the engine temp sensor changed out and it fixed the main issue with the car that prevented it from starting up when it was warmed up.

I also got the steering wheel switched out with nice black with red stitching steering wheel I got off of Ebay. It looks awesome!

The intake that came with this car was super ugly with the rusted gold color so I swapped it out for a cold air intake I got off of Amazon.

The spoon mirrors came in the mail but it did not come with bolts to mount it to the car so I will have to go to the store and figure something out to get those mirrors installed. I may sell them as well and just repaint the stock mirrors. We will see.

The turn signals came in but I am waiting to install them once the paint is fully cleaned up.

The fog lights came in but they are for a 94-97 model and I have a 2000. I'll probably be selling these but I may go ahead and install these. Either way, I removed the fog lights that came with the car and removed the wiring. It looks SO MUCH BETTER!

I also got replacement lug nuts but waiting on my brother to borrow his key so I can take off the existing lug nuts. These are black with red lug nuts and I think it is going to look super good!

The Type R rear valance arrived as well. These are not flat black, like I thought so will need to wait until I paint these to get them installed. Overall the fitment is alright but we will see once they get installed.

Right now, I am waiting on the following parts to arrive:
  • Black and gray seat covers
  • Mugen style front lip
  • New Catalytic converter (to fix the annoying rattle and the lack of performance from the failing cat)
  • Rear Lower suspension bling (Lower control arms, Subframe brace, lower tie bar in polished silver)
  • Front Upper strut bar in polished silver (to replace the ugly one the car came with and go for a nice clean look

There was a small bug infestation in the car. Under the floor mats I found tons of little bugs and roaches. I vaccuumed as much up and put combat under every seat and floor mat. 2 days later and no more bugs and finding them dead so issue is good!

I also really want to clean up the wiring and properly run it in the car through the firewall or another opening instead of through the door jam like it currently is. This will be HUGE for the look of the car.

Lastly, I want to get a small subwoofer to install in the car. Even if it is just a cheap powered subwoofer like the sound ordnance one from crutch field. Just something to add the low end of music.

I also will be ordering touch up paint kits soon. The spray can, and the touch up brush and paint pen. My plan is to touch up all the scratches on the car with the pen or brush. Then use the spray can to repaint the hood and the roof. After that a full paint correction and the car should be looking really good!

Lastly, I accidentally cracked my radiator. Was taking the car off of the jack stands and had a piece of wood on the jack to help lift it high enough. The wood cracked and the car fell on the jack. It hit the radiator and pushed it up cracking it at the top mounts...so unfortunately I can't drive it right now. I bought a new radiator and should be getting it replaced tomorrow so the car will be back up and running again.

Here's some pics of how the car looks. I'll be taking more soon.

Intake and Steering Wheel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts