Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I’ve got a 91 teggy with a b16 I’m tryna boost. First build taking my time got most of the **** done but now that it’s running I’ve ran into a few problems. First I’ve got a major idle surge, thinking that I just have to play around with my vacuum lines and see what’s up. The bigger problem is that one of my cylinders is running WAY hotter than the others, I’ve bypassed my resistor box since I’m running high impedance injectors and have also had to drill out my rail since they are 14mm, no blockage in the rail and I’ve swapped injectors from one cylinder to the other and the same one is running hot. Any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Administrator
3,606 Posts
What makes you think a specific cylinder is running, "hot"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my new titanium manifold, the second one from the right Is insanely hot to the touch after only a few minutes of running. Also it’s changing colour because of how hot it is.

·
Administrator
3,606 Posts
What is the temp on that cylinder, as opposed to the others?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still haven’t gotten my heat gun on it, other ones seem to be a normal temp, hot to the touch but takes a few seconds to feel it, meanwhile the one will literally burn you the second you touch it. Lmao sorry for the poor terminology new to this whole boost thing and Honda’s.

·
Administrator
3,606 Posts
What does that plug look like in comparison to the others?

·
Registered
94 Posts
A cylinder can run hot if it is lean. Two causes: Not enough fuel or too much air.

Given you have a surging idle, I'd suggest you have a vaccuum leak on #1 cylinder.

Perhaps it's at the orings for the injector into the manifold, or at the runner/head interface.

I've found them in the past using a smoke test. Google it. A bit more hassle to set up but it works well. Or you could do the external spray technique etc.

Chay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts