Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just picked up a 95 RS sedan is has a misfire in cyl 3 pulled the plug and is black with looks like soot on the plug. I have changed the cap and rotor help needed i'm at a lost on what it can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I swapped 3&4 injectors and still have a misfire on cylinder 3 I even swapped plugs and wires with cylinder 2. Now I'm thinking maybe a head problem

·
Registered
26 Posts
Compression test, pull #3 sparkplug and ground it a to make sure it's a white spark not orange. And see what the pressures are on all 4. Check your auto parts stores and see if they'll loan the comp. Tester.
GL and keep us informed what you find.

Honda Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Compression test, pull #3 sparkplug and ground it a to make sure it's a white spark not orange. And see what the pressures are on all 4. Check your auto parts stores and see if they'll loan the comp. Tester.
GL and keep us informed what you find.

Honda Mike
will do

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I pulled my valve cover and notice that my timing looked like this (refer to pic)

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
Pic is way too small to make out anything. What exactly are you questioning about your cam timing? Additionally, we won't be able to give feedback until we know if you've put the engine at TDC, and then review your timing marks/alignment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic is way too small to make out anything. What exactly are you questioning about your cam timing? Additionally, we won't be able to give feedback until we know if you've put the engine at TDC, and then review your timing marks/alignment
both cams are off to the right and the engine appears to be at TDC

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
What do you mean "appears"?

Verify it. If your cam timing was that off, it wouldn't start. Hell, if it were that off and you attempted to start it, you'd have every valve bent. What steps have you taken to verify TDC?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean "appears"?

Verify it. If your cam timing was that off, it wouldn't start. Hell, if it were that off and you attempted to start it, you'd have every valve bent. What steps have you taken to verify TDC?
Used a long screwdriver in cylinder one. Couldn’t check the timing marks on the bottom end due to not having time before leaving for work

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
You need to verify TDC of cyl #1, on the crank pulley

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I pulled the head off and found a burned valve on cylinder 3. No better time than now to build the head or buy a GSR head and build that

·
Registered
17 Posts
B series bend valves just by trying to start ?? I have a B20 in a 99 crv that the timing belt snapped while driving at 80 miles an hour and my daughter kept trying to start it . Then I figured belt snapped , installed new belt and been driving for over a year without any issues ..

·
Administrator
3,774 Posts
B series bend valves just by trying to start ?? I have a B20 in a 99 crv that the timing belt snapped while driving at 80 miles an hour and my daughter kept trying to start it . Then I figured belt snapped , installed new belt and been driving for over a year without any issues ..
Yes, they do. They're "interference" motors. If you were able to just install a new belt, then you're lucky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It has not been my 1st Honda motor f series , b series , and civic engines . I have not had any problems with any yet . Must be powerful lucky charm somewhere ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts