Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put new shocks and springs on my integra and when i went to put it all back together, i noticed a problem when trying to spin the cv shaft. It really didn't want to turn, but prior to this, it never had a problem. It was actually like "jerking" out at a certain spot. I decided to remove it and see what the problem is.

It's all out:

Taking shaft out:

Problem:
Good Bearing:

Bad Bearing :( :

So now the question is: What all am i going to have to replace.
Thanks a lot.

Edit: Sorry for the cell phone pics. :/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
90sixgsr on Mar/14/09 said:
Just buy a new cv shaft it will be a lot less of a headache for u.
I just wasn't sure if i would be able to buy a new bearing or if replacing the whole shaft would be a better choice. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you can get the whole axle shaft piece for something like 70 dollars a piece shipped online. just "google shopping" integra axle shafts...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dallasmayfire on Mar/14/09 said:
you can get the whole axle shaft piece for something like 70 dollars a piece shipped online. just "google shopping" integra axle shafts...
The only thing that worried me is wether or not it comes with the bearings. At the local NAPA, the guy said that the shafts do not come with the bearings.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you buy a new axle all you need to do is pop the old axle off from the intermediate shaft and you're fine, it might take you a while to get it out from the intermediate shaft if you haven't taken it out before.. my friend had to press it out for me.. i never bothered to even try to rebuild a cv or fix it, if somethings wrong with the axle i replace it like the guy up top said saves you a headache. also when you buy the whole axle it comes with everything all you need to do is put it into the intermediate shaft and the steering knuckle and you're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts