Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 acura integra that I race, and all of a sudden it started vibrateing real bad, then coming out 4 it quit pulling it would rev up but had no gears, it would go into gear , but would not go anywhere. So i look under it and i see that the cv joint where it goes into the wheel is stripped, i think the hub,or where the bearing are located froze up. What i need to know is should it of still pulled to the left since the one on the passenger side is fine, and could this of messed the transmission up. And also if this has anything to do with it, i cut the springs 2 coils on the left and 1 and half on the right,if this has anything to do with it, please reply.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
It wouldn't have pulled to the left, we (most of us ;P) have open differentials -- basically, more power goes to the wheel with less traction. So, when your CV breaks, all the power will try to go there, and your car won't move.

I had my axle pop out in my 91, speedo stopped working, turned out the axle was too short...

If your car is *too* low, it WILL put extra stress on the CV axles.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Im not sure i follow "stripped" but the spline shaft that goes through the hub is stripped so all the splines are broken off? or the threads at the end held on by a big nut are stripped? has the inner side of the shaft (where it goes into the tranny) pulled out of the tranny? or still locked in?

·
Registered
333 Posts
change botch cv's and change those springs. that can cause your cv to go through your tranny (ive seen it happen). plus your spring rate is all wrong now. you will proabaly have to change your wheel hub on that side also now that there are no splines there anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.