Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey eveyone, i wanted to ge the Wings West type 2 body kit for my 96 ls. the problem is i hate the bar thing on the grill and i want to know how to cut it off and how will it look. So i need some pics of where to cut if possible and the finished prduct. i have one here but it isnt a good pic.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=154643&page=2

K thanks for the help

·
Registered
382 Posts
esrice on this board has that middle grill cut. See pictures in THIS THREAD. Same lip that you want to get. I have that lip sitting in my garage, just gotta find enough time to shave that middle grill off.

I have a test bumper to test on because I got the lip with the bumper still attached. Hopefully I won't fu#k it up. I plan to use my Dremel & cut the middle grill parallel (sp?) to the angle of the inside diameter of the entire grill. If you look closely at you grill, you will see the inner diameter of the entire grill doesn't come straight out at a 90 degree angle, that it is kinda slanted outward coming from the back to the front. Dremel, sanding, then primer, then paint. Gonna do all the cutting & sanding before I give it to the auto body to paint.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Hmm, I might cut out my crossbar soon... possibly tomorrow. I'll take some pics and post them here when I'm done...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah you will have the bare metal showing or a hole, my recommendation is to buy a grill or make your own from pieces you can find at home depot. if you do take out the crossbar you wont be able to see the marks cuz your grill will cover it up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
there is a pic of this done. Go to www.TorontoIntegras.com and in the top banner, the silver teg has it cut.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yeah, I've heard there's going to be a hole on each side where you cut it...

I'm thinking I'll just cut some plastic in the size/shape of the hole, glue it in there, sand if needed, and then cover it with some touch up paint.

Or, if all else fails, I could put some tape over the hole. I'd just paint the tape if it wasn't the right color.

I don't know about other Teg colors, but Duplicolor Import touch-up paint for Frost white is pretty easy to come by here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts