Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have much money...cuz im in college now...n e ways i want to get an exhaust system..and i was thinkin about jus gettin a muffler or a 5zigen axle back and bring it into a muffler shop and customize my cat back...is that a good idea to do for my 94 teg rs...so far i only have a aem cai...but plannin to get headers later on...whats a good muffler and axle back system should i get???...and what should i need to know about gettin my exhaust system customized at a shop???...should i get mandrel bent??

thx (i did some research..but im confused..might as well as the question myself)

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
You'll want a 2.25" mandrel bent system made of either stainless or aluminized steel. You'll also want a resonator added if you don't want it to sound too buzzy.

Mufflers are mufflers really, as long as they are straight through the only issue you have is with noise. Get what you think will sound good and look nice. There's an article on exhaust design effects on noise on this site.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Mandrel bends are better than crush bends. This is b/c the keep the same diameter throughout the bend. If you don't understand this then try doing a search. A resonator basically helps the exhaust system to sound better. SurferX already told you that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i jus read the article...thx...so my setup was be nearly as good as a catback system rite??...or is it jus a knock off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts