Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting together some parts, how does this look? looking to get 220 stock bottom, and then 300+ built.

DRAG Air Filter
HKS SSQV BOV
DRAG 2.5" Downpipe
DRAG Piping Kit
InlinePro Cast Stainless Steel T3 5 Bolt
Set of 4 RC Engineering 750cc Saturated
Hondata S200B
Airtex 400hp In-Line
Precision intercooler 31.5"x10.3"x3.5"
Stainless Steel Oil Feed and Return w/ Fittings
Precision SC50 - 450hp
TIAL 38mm 0.5 BAR

suggestions?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Maybe a flared or bigger downpipe, 300 hp is a lot.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Did you figure your custom setup from Importparts.com? Their custom kits are sweet but unfortunately their price are high. I rather get a revhard stage 2 kit for their price and save $$$ but like they say, if you do it right the first time...you won't have to bother with it again.

Steve, he has selected a manifold..it's the inlinepro t3 log manifold

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Revhards are nice to start out with, and make sure that you tell us which manifold you get, there might be a couple of adjustments needed to ensure fitment. Very upgradable for the turbo as well. You can even keep the downpipe.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you go custom at importparts.com you'll just run into a large bill that says you owe 3G's or more. The best solution would be to start with a Revhard kit b/c they have everything you need though it might not be all the high end parts compared to those you could choose from at that site....it's just a good start.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
shupaGSR on Mar/15/04 said:
do u think the revhard kit is better then the drag kit?
You need to be more precise on what you mean by saying "better". There is no best or one-size-fits-all turbo kit. Each one has different parts with different specs, so you have to find out which one suits your goals.

Keep in mind, asking a more specific question will get you a more specific answer. The more specific you get, the higher level this discussion raises.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
white_rice: :p alright here i go

as you guys already know, im a newb, learning more and more each day as i talk and read up everyday. looking to build up a set with a turbo that spools up quick, yet, say later on down the line if i wanted to upgrade i wont have to replace as much parts. if thats impossible, void the last statement. my main goal for now is 220-250whp. but lots say after i have a taste of that i'd want more, but for now, i will be stayin on stock block and looking to get 220-250. the kits i see out there are greddy, drag, and revhard stage 2. from those, what would you guys recommend to me, as a beginner, to start with. :)

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
hondadriver on Mar/15/04 said:
drag manifold?
The drag manifold has absolutely GODAWFUL wastegate placement, it really is attrocius. Everytime I look at it, I cant help but wonder if it was engineered by a retarted monkey. Who the hell puts the wastegate on one runner... how the hell is it supposed to do it's job there.

Get anything else.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
br1t1shguy on Mar/16/04 said:
The drag manifold has absolutely GODAWFUL wastegate placement, it really is attrocius. Everytime I look at it, I cant help but wonder if it was engineered by a retarted monkey. Who the hell puts the wastegate on one runner... how the hell is it supposed to do it's job there.

Get anything else.
Hahahaha, a retarded monkey!!!

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
220-250 goals with proper tuning and properly matched exhaust system is EASY with a turbo.

you dont even have to run much boost probably anywhere bet 6psi-8psi will get there depending on the turbo and the motor you install it on (b18c-gsr, b18b-ls)

if you see youself wanting like 500 whp in the future the 750cc injctors are fine, they give u room to expand and you can control them perfectly with a proper stand alone fuel management system.

I would personally recommend:
inline pro manifold
t3/t4 turbo of your choice
tial 38mm wastegate
450cc dsm injectors (dirt cheap, need resistor box)
walbro 255lph fuel pump
2.5" - 3" downpipe and catback including matched high flow cat size would depend on your power and how loud u want it to be, 3" is optimal, i would also weld the dumptube to the downpipe
SS oil return line and feed line
(maybe a GE Vtec oil supply kit, makes the install clean)

and last and most importantly Hondata/AEM EMS and dyno tuning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts