Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the stereo so far. I have competed with this box and two15" type R's for the last year, it hits a steady 147.5DB. I have recently decided to go with sound quality so will be keeping the type R's and puting in two, thats right!! TWO, sets of Focal 165kp's. everything will be in custom fiberglass pods, from the A pillar arms to the kick panels, even the rear speakers. I will be using 3 Audison LRX amps, still deciding witch ones. I will keep everyone updated through the rest of the install. I also through in a pic of the new header.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
are you doing all of the glassing yourself? i plan on getting a set of 3-way Crystal Mobilesound Components for up fornt, and i have a design which i am not gonna reveal for custom fiberglass door panels....i have been working with some preliminary fiberglassing projects to get myself to a point where i can make the door panels...

·
Registered
109 Posts
what did u finish ur enclosure with?...im still tryin to find the best method of finishin them. nice setup, VERY good subs. ill get pics posted of mine once its finished

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the box was done for 1100CDN+the tax. There was hours of sanding to finish it and it was painted the same pearl as the car too, with a light layer of clear coat to finish it off.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
btw, to add to my previouis post, more speakers does not neccesarily mean better or even louder sound...if oyu truly are going for SQ, then i would not get two sets of Focal components, i checked quickly on those and those are $400-$500 components - i would spend the extra money on a better set of focals, maybe their 3-way set instead of the two way. you dont even need rear speakers for SQ.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/08/04 said:
btw, to add to my previouis post, more speakers does not neccesarily mean better or even louder sound...if oyu truly are going for SQ, then i would not get two sets of Focal components, i checked quickly on those and those are $400-$500 components - i would spend the extra money on a better set of focals, maybe their 3-way set instead of the two way. you dont even need rear speakers for SQ.
3-way's ARE A WAIST get a better set of 2ways you won't get any sound improvement with a 2way over a 3way...marketing at its finest! And ya if you are going SQ get the focals up front...nice speakers, but listen to them first components are generally better sounding...but the key is go listen to the speakers first...and amp them...get some 2 way in the back and my new alpine cda-9815 (loving this thing) has a feature where it will in a sense retard the timing of the speakers closest to you so that the sound from all the speakers gets to you at once...didn't think it would change much in the SQ honestly but wow...once I had it tuned right...the other cool thing...you can do this on your comp and burn the settings to a cd...

But please don't let us say get these speakers go to the audio shops and listen to them...PLEASE...it's the only way to trully get what you are wanting from a speaker is to listen to it first.

Later,
Jared

EDIT: Reread the original post and it looks like you've got it covered I'd still suggest...well...my headunit or one with the timing feature...it's pretty amazing...good choice of components and it looks like you have it covered...good job!

and again...

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
DAMN! That's sweet.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
90_integraLS on Feb/08/04 said:
Quote: JustTegIt on Feb/08/04btw, to add to my previouis post, more speakers does not neccesarily mean better or even louder sound...if oyu truly are going for SQ, then i would not get two sets of Focal components, i checked quickly on those and those are $400-$500 components - i would spend the extra money on a better set of focals, maybe their 3-way set instead of the two way. you dont even need rear speakers for SQ.
3-way's ARE A WAIST get a better set of 2ways you won't get any sound improvement with a 2way over a 3way...marketing at its finest! And ya if you are going SQ get the focals up front...nice speakers, but listen to them first components are generally better sounding...but the key is go listen to the speakers first...and amp them...get some 2 way in the back and my new alpine cda-9815 (loving this thing) has a feature where it will in a sense retard the timing of the speakers closest to you so that the sound from all the speakers gets to you at once...didn't think it would change much in the SQ honestly but wow...once I had it tuned right...the other cool thing...you can do this on your comp and burn the settings to a cd...

But please don't let us say get these speakers go to the audio shops and listen to them...PLEASE...it's the only way to trully get what you are wanting from a speaker is to listen to it first.

Later,
Jared
i wasnt talking about 3-way speakers - i was talking about Focal's 3-way components, as in, 3 separate speakers (about and $800 component set)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 3-way component set is meant to be kept together. It 3 way.... If I were to put a set up front and in the back it wouldn't sound good.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts