Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to let everyone know that I just built and installed my new cai yesterday and I highly recommend it to everyone!!! My car sounds great now and the power gain is incredible! It only cost me alittle over one hundred dollars and I'm convinced that I have a better intake than AEM could ever offer. Anyone who is interested should read up on SuferX's article on building your own cai. And btw, in the article, it says he'll update it on what to do for a GS-R (which is what I have), but if you have a GS-R, just go with the 2.5' piping that he recommends and even though the throttle body is a bit different from that of the ITR and LS, you'll still be able to make cuts so that it'll fit. once again, if you don't already have cai, this is very cheap and the results are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Sooo, how do you know the "power gain is incredible?" Is it the old butt dyno that we come to rely so heavily on?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Awsome that the DIY CAI worked out so well for you! If you read the history of the site, its that article that spawned TI!

Justin - I think he was just excited that the CAI turned out really well.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
congrats on a job well done, injoy your home-made intake, I'm sure its ALOT more satisfying then buying one

P.S dont let justin get to you

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just want to know how he figures he got incredible gains, and I want to know even more how he figures it is better than AEM's...I'm not trying to be a wiseass at all. Have you ridden in a car with an AEM but your homemade one responded better? What did you build it with?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
justin let him enjoy his car and stop trying to rag on him man

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys, don't have an internet connection at my apartment yet so I've been getting on at my friend's houses whenever I get the chance. Anyway, I do understand where Justin is coming from and to answer his question, no I have not dynoed my car... YET. But I have road in a GS-R with an AEM CAI and my car does seem to have gotten more power out of it... although I could be fooling myself. I'll let everyone know what the exact numbers are once I dyno it. But regardless of power, I seriously think just the sound is worth the hundred dollars I paid.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yeah, dyno it...thats the only way to find out. Every car breathes differently, perhaps you got one of the good ones. Let us know the dyno results.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
hey, in case anyone knows anything about this

I have a question, has anyone tried building a custom ICEBOX, I read an article about it on some other board about removing the resonator, using the stock tubing and box with a performace filter, then adding custom tubing to go from where the resonator connected in the bottom of the box to the bumper, to mimic the design of the comptech icebox.

if anyone knows anything about it, or has made on let me know, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts