Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed after i borrowed my car to my girlfriend that my right front rim which is less than a week old now has curb rash on it. It is pretty small, but my rims are bronze so it really stands out. anybody have any good quick fixes, maybe model paint?

·
Super Moderator
14,182 Posts
go into girlfriends purse and take money for new rim since she curbed it,

honestly i dont know but i wanted to get e-mails for this one so i had to say something

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dread when i have to let another drive my car, but sometimes there is no way around it

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Just curious... is it silver underneath? Man that would suck... in that case, I say buy new rim and keep that one as a spare. I think there are some places that fix rims, but it may be cheaper and better overall to buy a new one. At least its konig so its not TOO expensive...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah there are some placed that fix rims. I dinged up the lip on my rim, and rolled into a place here in town and they said that they could make it look like new. Now I just gotta take it over there. It was like 75 bucks I think they said to fix it...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i just sanded/polished mine with a dremel, but i wonder about how to fix up the clear coat, can i do that myself?

·
Registered
354 Posts
jared on Aug/25/02 said:
i noticed after i borrowed my car to my girlfriend that my right front rim which is less than a week old now has curb rash on it. It is pretty small, but my rims are bronze so it really stands out. anybody have any good quick fixes, maybe model paint?
Stop lying, you know you did it

·
Registered
354 Posts
jared on Aug/25/02 said:
i dread when i have to let another drive my car, but sometimes there is no way around it
f**k that, i tell em' (unless it's my parents or my fiancee, which are excellent drivers) to take the damn bus, no one's gonna molest my steering wheel unless it's me DAMMIT!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Break up with her. but get the money first.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I used nail polish to touch up mine, but I agree, I would collect from her and use the curbed one as a spare.

You can dremel it and make it look good if you know what you are doing, but the nagging inside will drive you nuts because you will always know that it was damaged!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Krylon makes metallic paint in a bunch of colors..including bronze. if you want a cheap fix then you could smooth out the rash-ness with a dremel or something and then mask off most of the area and use the metallic Krylon, i is very good stuff, just as all Krylon products

1 - 13 of 13 Posts