Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a JDM CTR trans for $550. What would i need for this swap? Is it just a straight bolt up? Also I believe that the Gear ratios are the same to an ITR or close to it. For those with an ITR trans in a LS how is highway crusing? I just want to know all this before I go buying this and not liking it. BTW here is a pic.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
i cant see the pic but it is just a straight swap since its a b-series motor. I would rev a little higher i do believe since the gears are shorter.

edit: now i can see it after i posted this first reply

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
ya around 5k at 80mph.. i have the JDM ITR tranny w/ the 4.78 FD.. Highways are no fun anymore.. but this thing does tear it up on the streets..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it worth the lost of highway for the gain in street speeds? I am doing a cam install before I get the trans. so I am looking for performance. Is this a good price for the trans? it has 25000 miles on it and no grinds? I am looking at autocrossing part time in my teg. So I am thinking this is a good invenstment. Any other comments that i should hear before I jump into this swap.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
baldy201 on Feb/03/04 said:
What would i need for this swap? Is it just a straight bolt up?

Also I believe that the Gear ratios are the same to an ITR or close to it.

We've covered this in prior threads.

Gear ratios for the various B-series transmission swaps have also been covered here before. Please run search.

Quote: baldy201 on Feb/03/04 Is it worth the lost of highway for the gain in street speeds?

I am doing a cam install before I get the trans. so I am looking for performance.

Is this a good price for the trans? it has 25000 miles on it and no grinds?

I am looking at autocrossing part time in my teg. So I am thinking this is a good invenstment.
What "loss in highway" ?

We've covered how to calculate your rpm landing points in prior threads. We've also covered how to calculate your torque multiplication effect w/ various gear and final drive combos. Those are the two gear ratio related factors which affect a transmissions "performance".

Yes its a good price....a little too good if you ask me. The JDM ITR transmissions usually sell for $1000+

Depending on your region's solo2 courses, that 4.7 FD + 2nd gear + stock redline, may leave you without enough rpms to to do the entire course in 2nd gear. IMO: unless its a really wide open course, shifting into 3rd gear for a couple hundred rpms usually isn't worth it. The off-throttle loss of speed coupled w/ throwing the balance of the car off if you have to actually turn right before, during or after the upshift rpm is usually slower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts