Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put CTR cams in my car and have found they can be quite pricey ($800-900), but i have heard of people doing CTR Intake, and ITR Exhuast, what will i lose if do this, will there be a big difference?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
From everything I have read, you really only need to replace the intake cam. The exhaust cams do not give much, if any gain.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Not that im a big vtec fan only cause i dont have it but i read that the ctr cam is more agresaive and is bigger than itr cams and they did this to close the gap on some displacment wich is why people use the ctr cam in the first place not many civic parts would end up on a car of mine so there must be a reason and the exuast cam is 7 more whp tuned of course so that couple extra plus the intake is quite a bit together dont you think in a engine that you otherwise cant get more power from without f/i and if i just happen to be wrong im sure the vtec guys will chew me up but thats what i read a litle while ago peace.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i have no idea why they have to same part number. but i got this informations straight from MD's cam article..here is a piece from his article.

STOCK 1997-1999 ITR profile ($500-580/pr, ITR intake cam $250-290)

INTAKE lift - 11.5 mm,duration - 240 @1mm
EXHAUST lift - 10.5mm, duration - 235 @1mm

STOCK CTR and 2000-2001 ITR profile (CTR intake cam $300-350)

INTAKE lift - 11.5 mm,duration - 243 @1mm
EXHAUST lift - 10.5mm, duration - 235 @1mm

as you can see..the stock CTR and ITR 2000-2001 are exactly the same. its the 1999 and down ITR that are different from the CTR.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
thank goodness someone actually READS the damn articles...they do have useful info if you have never used them.

The CTR ex cam = ITR ex cam. for ALL YEARS.

the CTR in/ex cams = 2000-2001 ITR in/ex cams

the only difference between the CTR cams and the 1997-1999 ITR cams IS THE INTAKE CAM AND oNLY AT THE VTEC LOBE BY oNLY 3 DEGREES (IF YOU LOOK AT MY CAM ARTICLE). In a low rod ratio integra where TDC dwell time is very brief, the added 3 degrees yield squat.

If you are paying that much for CTR cams, you are getting GOUGED BIG TIME and the person selling them for that price is an idiot. If you buy them from him that would make you a bigger idiot....

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I just found Acuraautotiveparts.net is incorrect in their part number listing. Check the cams for all the model Integras and they show as the same part number even for the non-VTECs. Best to call them to make sure you get the correct part.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i still want to know if acuraautomotiveparts.net is a legit company. 217 seems really low for these parts doesnt it? i talked to a guy in the local acura parts dept. and he said they pay more than that for the cams? does anybody actually have experience with this site, or any proof that they are legit?

·
Registered
577 Posts
SurferX on Aug/04/02 said:
I just found Acuraautotiveparts.net is incorrect in their part number listing. Check the cams for all the model Integras and they show as the same part number even for the non-VTECs. Best to call them to make sure you get the correct part.
thanks for the heads-up

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes they are legit, I bought my replacement fenderliner from them. They don't list the correct part number for the cams though, so contact them for the price on the actual 2000-2001 ITR (CTR) cams and let us know.

·
Registered
586 Posts
SurferX on Aug/04/02 said:
Yes they are legit, I bought my replacement fenderliner from them. They don't list the correct part number for the cams though, so contact them for the price on the actual 2000-2001 ITR (CTR) cams and let us know.
I know its a little late, but I called and got the actual prices today....for the 2001 type r: 264.14 each. for both intake and exhaust cams. The guy i talked to said if your going to order them, put "2001 Type R" in the special instructions box so he knows what to ship you. He admitted that the site does have plenty of bugs. This is a fairly decent price right?? im thinkin about finally ordering them today.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
They're a very good company to deal with, basically a dealer with a website! Lowest OEM prices most of the time.

only thing I don't like is that they have a $5 per order handling charge which sucks when you're ordering something tiny, and they only ship like 2 day air from my experience, and don't give you the shipping price until after you've agreed to pay (if you do it via website).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts