Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to upgrade my suspension for a DD and a little autocross action right now I have
-Neuspeed springs
-Tokico Shocks
-GSR blades/michelin tires 195/55/15

I'm going to be buying the Skunk2 coilovers and buy the Skunk2 camber kit (front/rear) after that Im not sure where to go

do I need to get Strut and Sway Bars?

ITR sways(front/rear) what site sells these?
or is there some other type of sways that would be better for my needs

then for strut bars I need
Front Upper Strut Tower Brace Bar
Rear Upper Strut Tower Brace Bar
Front Lower Arm Stabilizer Bar
Rear Lower Arm Stabilizer Bar
Rear Upper C- Pillar Bar

or if I bought this bolt on hit CS Chassis kit would I not need the strut and sway bars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I went and found that ASR Subframe Brace
and came across these as-well

rear itr sway bar from JDM for $140
I just called the Acura dealership and asked for a front and rear sway bar off a 1998 integra type-r they told me front swaybar = $221.00 24mm and rear swaybar = $140.00 22mm thats all I need right?(those prices include everything hardware etc..)

so am I better off buying the sway bars off the Acura dealership or JDM site?
only thing is there not the same MM has the site. will those 24/22mm ones make a difference for my car?

also I found a 3 Point Front Strut Tower Bar this should work better then a regular front strutbar right?
or i wouldnt notice a difference from this one to a regular strutbar like this JDM one?
also I should have enough clearence to close the hood/clear the IM right with the 3point?
anyone have one of these?

also found the JDM 4 Point Rear Strut Tower Bar
this should work has good has a Rear Lower Arm Stabilizer Bar,
Rear Upper C- Pillar Bar, Rear Upper Strut Tower Brace Bar right?
the 4 Point Rear Strut Tower Bar take the place of those right or ???? anyone have this one there teg?

A Spec Racing subframe reinforcement brace is the same thing has a DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar or is that different?
say i didnt buy the sway bars from acura or by them self should I get option 3 then?

thx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
hey mna im lookin at the same chassis kit cause atm i have a neuspeed rear strut bar tower and a c-pillar bar. if u want them man ill sell them to u. i wanna upgrade to that kit. let me know man

·
Registered
634 Posts
All of your links are broken.

First, you should read the articles on strut/sway bars. Yes, the rear sway bar will make a huge difference, but you need to read up on it more. You can't just bolt it on or you'll probably rip out your subframe.

The ASR brace (and comptech brace) are not the same as a lower tie bar.

You won't really need a new front sway bar.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Check out the ITR sway bar install article. I just ordered mine, and you also need the mounting kit, which is referred to in the article. You can have everything that you need for about $140 (Sway Bar, bushings, bolts, and the mounting kit) Just check out the article.

Here's the Link

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
jasonazphx on Oct/09/07 said:
Hi,
I want to upgrade my suspension for a DD and a little autocross action right now I have

do I need to get Strut and Sway Bars?

ITR sways(front/rear) what site sells these?
or is there some other type of sways that would be better for my needs
Be careful with what upgrades you add, as certain modifications will put you in a higher class for autocross.

Swaybars are a wonderful handling upgrade, especially for the price. Strut bars IMHO are just a cosmetic mod. Their impact is so minimal on handling that 99% of the population can't tell the difference in handling. Save your money.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
jasonazphx on Oct/09/07 said:
Okay I went and found that ASR Subframe Brace
and came across these as-well

rear itr sway bar from JDM for $140
I just called the Acura dealership and asked for a front and rear sway bar off a 1998 integra type-r they told me front swaybar = $221.00 24mm and rear swaybar = $140.00 22mm thats all I need right?(those prices include everything hardware etc..)

so am I better off buying the sway bars off the Acura dealership or JDM site?
only thing is there not the same MM has the site. will those 24/22mm ones make a difference for my car?

also I found a 3 Point Front Strut Tower Bar this should work better then a regular front strutbar right?
or i wouldnt notice a difference from this one to a regular strutbar like this JDM one?
also I should have enough clearence to close the hood/clear the IM right with the 3point?
anyone have one of these?

also found the JDM 4 Point Rear Strut Tower Bar
this should work has good has a Rear Lower Arm Stabilizer Bar,
Rear Upper C- Pillar Bar, Rear Upper Strut Tower Brace Bar right?
the 4 Point Rear Strut Tower Bar take the place of those right or ???? anyone have this one there teg?

A Spec Racing subframe reinforcement brace is the same thing has a DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar or is that different?
say i didnt buy the sway bars from acura or by them self should I get option 3 then?

thx
The ASR subframe brace is a nice piece for subframe reinforcement if you're running a larger diameter rear swaybar. This part is designed a subframe brace rather than just a connector to joing the lower control arms at the pivot point (which is what 95% of the rear lower tie bars are....DC, Neuspeed, Cusco, Spoon, etc.). Big difference. For anything 23mm or less you can get away with the BSQ subframe kit which only costs ~$25

3pt front strut tower bar = illegal for just about every autoX class

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Print out the prices from the links the other guys gave you above and call around to the local acura dealers (even some of the Honda dealers may be able to get it for your) until you find one that will match the advertised prices. You should be able to get the rear for just a tick over a hundred bucks.

There is a local Japanese importer in Phoenix (ICB) that can get both the front and rear bars for you as well. (the front for much cheaper than what you posted above).
If you want the 22mm for the rear simply tell them you want the 96 specR rear swaybar, those are 22mm. If you want the 24mm front just ask for the 96 specR front swaybar, they have them for $150 or less.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BlueTeg on Oct/10/07 said:
Print out the prices from the links the other guys gave you above and call around to the local acura dealers (even some of the Honda dealers may be able to get it for your) until you find one that will match the advertised prices. You should be able to get the rear for just a tick over a hundred bucks.

There is a local Japanese importer in Phoenix (ICB) that can get both the front and rear bars for you as well. (the front for much cheaper than what you posted above).
If you want the 22mm for the rear simply tell them you want the 96 specR rear swaybar, those are 22mm. If you want the 24mm front just ask for the 96 specR front swaybar, they have them for $150 or less.
Hey man thanks alot,

After doing some research Im going to pass on upgrading to ITR swaybars for now
im just going to go with

skunk2 coilovers
skunk2 full camber kit
and get some toyo proxies 4 tires for the blades
(are these good tires?)
also should I get the Skunk2 shocks or stay with my Tokico Shocks?

then I found these they are cheap so i dont know if there any good what you guys think? should i pass? and just get something else with my money?Cheap stuff

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seriously Jason, one of the best handling upgrades you can do is the ITR sway bar. (Note, one of the best *most simple* upgrades). I highly suggest doing that over buying some cheap parts.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
Ok, a couple things. Yes, do get the ASR subframe brace w/ the ITR rear sway bar, this piece will eventually eliminate the BSQ and equivalant kits. It is well designed and competitively priced....well worth it in other words.

Our sponsor is having a sale on Megan Racing C-pillar bars, $35 shipped is a hell of a deal and it does make a difference, trust me I have it and I love it.

Strut bars (specifically for the front) you have to watch what you buy because there are alot of add on parts that you may want to use in the future that could interefere with certain front strut bars....choose wisely.

Rear strut bars, you have to watch what you buy because alot of them require hacking of the black plastic panel behind the seat to make them fit, if you don't care about hacking them up it makes no difference.

Good luck, tie bars and such are fun parts to install, they require no tuning, no down time and make immediate differences in the way your car responds to you. Suspension upgrades FTW.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
TEGGSRB18C1 on Oct/10/07 said:
Good luck, tie bars and such are fun parts to install, they require no tuning, no down time and make immediate differences in the way your car responds to you.

Strut & tie bars should be the last thing you do the car's suspension or chassis tuning. The provide little (if any) any difference in handling.

Even on a RR track, the benefits are unnoticeable. I actually take mine off for when I'm doing time trials because the extra 2 points bump me into the next class up. They are possibly the only thing on the car whose form outweighs their function.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
jasonazphx on Oct/10/07 said:
one last question Weapon-R good products or no???

I don't know all of the products they make but for the most part they are cheap. I have one of their intake arms and it's workig fine...although it is just a tube.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
BlueTeg on Oct/10/07 said:
Quote: TEGGSRB18C1 on Oct/10/07Good luck, tie bars and such are fun parts to install, they require no tuning, no down time and make immediate differences in the way your car responds to you.

Strut & tie bars should be the last thing you do the car's suspension or chassis tuning. The provide little (if any) any difference in handling.

Even on a RR track, the benefits are unnoticeable. I actually take mine off for when I'm doing time trials because the extra 2 points bump me into the next class up. They are possibly the only thing on the car whose form outweighs their function.
I dissagree, earlier on in the year I was working on re-routing intake manifold vaccum lines and I took my front ITR strut bar off for a while, after I drove the car, I immediately felt a difference without it on. It felt like ****.

Same for the C-pillar bar, I felt a difference the first time I pitched her into a corner. The car doesn't creak and groan like it did before and felt much firmer. (Carbon fiber hatches mated with lexan windows, not the greatest for structural integrity)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I partially disagree as well. oN the track there is a noticeable difference in turn-in ability, and mid-turn flex with a full complement of bars vs not having any. My suspension is heavily modified, and have driven with/without the bars and can definately tell the difference. They work as a package, but individually do very little.

The reason I only partially agree it you can negate the need for any type of bars (minus sways of course) by installing a roll bar. Not necessarily a cage, but a well designed roll bar that stiffens the B-pillar area (our cars flex quite a bit there) and the rear half of the frame....while keeping all tubing BEHIND the driver. For a DD, you can have the better function while still keeping the entire trunk available if needed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
also agree it helps take away more body roll which is always a plus... one more thing dont get the front itr sway bar you are wasting your money its only a fraction bigger than your stock one so just buy the rear

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
LessRice on Oct/11/07 said:
also agree it helps take away more body roll which is always a plus... one more thing dont get the front itr sway bar you are wasting your money its only a fraction bigger than your stock one so just buy the rear
People just buy the front to say they have matching ITR sway bars....it sounds real impressive to someone who doesn't know anything about tegs/hondas.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Quick Q. If you upgrade the rear sway to an ITR one, do you have to get after market mounts or can it just "bolt up".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.