Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...i did a quick search, and i didnt find much on this issue...

my question is:
Can anyone provide a diagram on how cruise control is wired up (94-97 teg)...or whats the color of the wire(s)

also...

how much voltage runs through that button...(the cruise control button by the left a/c vent)

i want to remove the entire system really...so any info would be appreciated...

thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
im not sure on the amps or volts, but im with him, i would like to see an underhood diagram, i would like to remove cruise control

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe
(evil laugh)

i have some plans...all i will say...is just think about it...

a button built into your dash...now remeber a button is used for many applcations in the race scene...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Without digging into the schematics, consider that the cruise control buttons are simple logic-type inputs, likely closing a switch to ground. These aren't designed to handle much current. They should be capable of energizing a relay primary coil, however.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm....i will have to get one of those things used to measure volts and such....off i go!!!!....into this venture of trying to figure out how a button works!!!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
integrajerzey on Sep/10/07 said:
You're better off just buying an S2000. :eek:

lol
lol...hmmm i would estimate $20 to wire up a button....or $25k for a new car...hmmm...decisions, decisions...

thanks for the info guys...i'll try and find the answers to my some of my own questions with in this week...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Here is your schematic.

It looks like the cruise switches provide 12V to the cruise control unit when pressed. This 12V is sourced through the horn relay primary coil, so cannot source much current without energizing the horn relay and blowing the horn. This signal can not be used to energize a relay. You will likely need to construct a circuit using a FET or other high-impedance input device.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man....links dont work for me...these computers are work suck....i'll have to check them out when i get home....
thanks

even though im not able to see the image...maybe i can just cut the wires off the button and use it for my sole purpose...i'll have to see

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok im mixed up.....
man i feel retarded
where in this diagram is the actual button you push?...
can someone point that out....
i can see where the horn is, where the diming light control is...(of course thats on the right side of the steering wheel)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The cruise buttons are towards the center of the schematic right below the round symbol marked "Cable Reel". The cable reel is the part within the steering column that the three wires connect through as you turn the steering wheel.

You would not be able to simply run wires to the buttons as the wires are limited to the three wires already going through the cable reel.

When you push either of the cruise buttons, the associated wire going to the cruise control unit will have 12V on it. This 12V will not drive any significant current, not even enough to energize a relay. It can drive the gate of a FET with the source tied to ground and the drain connected to the low side of a relay primary coil. The high side of the relay coil would be connected to 12V. You will also need a resistor from the FET gate to ground to make sure it turns off when you release the button.

You push the button, 12V is applied to the gate of the FET, turning it on. This energizes the relay, providing all the current you need to activate your valve or whatever you have connected to it. When you release the button, the resistor pulls the gate to ground, turning off both the FET and the relay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.