Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Because it's not the stealthiest, it's probably best to use the cruise button as an extra layer.

An easy way for a beginner to use it in addition to a hidden switch style fuel cut would be to have it cut the starter signal. Just need a relay, some wire, and some time. Not much harder than the fuel cut switch, really. Won't turn over unless cruise is on - but turning it off won't turn off the car.

And there is a more complicated method using a pair of relays that will allow normal function of the cruise while allowing it to act as a fuel cut, but it's a bit more complicated, and requires > beginner skill level to install properly.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
jameelrose on Oct/07/07 said:
Quote: B18Ch1ck on Oct/07/07yes but it's still an extremely obvious one.

my thoughts exactly
Me too -- might be tight, but not wise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. yeah it is pretty obvious. i thought of fabrication a mount for a fuel cutoff switch under the shift boot. its hidden. all you do is press through the boot to arm the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
mywhiteteg06 on Oct/07/07 said:
Thanks for the input. yeah it is pretty obvious. i thought of fabrication a mount for a fuel cutoff switch under the shift boot. its hidden. all you do is press through the boot to arm the fuel pump.
dont say where you're going to put it... anyone can be on this site man

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
All you have to do is tap into the wire that the fuel pumps runs off of and extend it out and you can put a switch anywhere with enough time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do you guys have a multiwire CC botton like the g1??

Could someone PM me which wires I have to tap into to make a circuit??

I'm not too sure about relays, so I'm not sure what you guys mean when you say use a relay.

thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
89teg_mike on Oct/17/07 said:
Do you guys have a multiwire CC botton like the g1??

Could someone PM me which wires I have to tap into to make a circuit??

I'm not too sure about relays, so I'm not sure what you guys mean when you say use a relay.

thanks
mike

We have multiwire CC buttons, but Im just not sure what the wire diagram would be for yours. You can test voltage on all of your wires and see which one gets +12 volts when the switch is on. Here's how it would work for g3's, same diagram should apply for you using a relay:

Pin B on button = +12 volts when switch is on -> goes to relay pin 86
ground wire goes to any nearby bolt that would provide a good ground -> relay pin 85
cut fuel pump wire in half then, one side of the fuel goes to -> relay pin 30
and the other half goes to -> relay pin 87

The toggle switch is optional but I added one anyway and made it very well hidden, so that the CC button wouldnt work if someone figured it out, for whenever i park for long periods of time. You just need to find which wire is your equivalent of our pin b's on your cc button.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks.

But I don't get it. Is the one on the right the fuse box (underdash) and the left the CC plug?? If so then where does the starter come into play?

And is that relay aftermarket?? Or is it just another word for CC botton or something?

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
the relay is usually referred to as a bosch relay or automotive relay, look at the article called Relays Explained and it shows a picture of one. You can buy one usually at a local radioshack, r&s strauss auto, or even a car alarm/audio shop should have plenty laying around for you to use and you can buy them for a few bucks each. The left is the bottom of the relay, you'll the pins are all numbered on the relay. The right is the back of my CC Button harness, it's just a diagram of my wires that come out of it. The weird shape at the top of it is just the clip that holds it in place The wording in that diagram is irrelevant as its meant for fogs, what you should use to interpret the diagram is my text that's directly below the picture

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK, I get it!!

Can I also use it for ignition cutoff?? Just use the ignition wires instead of fuel pump wires?

These are closer to the relay so it would be easier to wire and it would provide less wires for thiefs to see and get curious about.

I'm gonna hit up radioshack tomorrow.

I already have a switch for my fuel cutoff, I plan on also doing the CC relay mod to my ignition (thats why I'm asking).

thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
Of course I just updated the image with a new one meant specifically for cut off switches, whether it's the starter wire or the fuel pump wire. The differences in functionality are also explained.

Some radioshacks have them and others don't, so if you have trouble finding one like I did just hit up the nearest car alarm shop and pay them 5 bux for one or 2 relays, i got lucky and did a website for the guy before so when i visited i got 4

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bori. I don't see any article by you...so I couldnt find the new diagram.

I'm gonna go get the relay now, I'm hoping to find somewhere else other than radio shack (high $$), maybe lowes I'll try...

thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.