Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to eliminate my CC button but not the functionality of the cruise control. I have no use for the "on/off" button for I always leave it "on." Well I though that it would be easy, just remove the switch, cut the wires and tie them together, well, there are 5 wires.

Black
Red
Red/Black
Black/White
Green

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/d...forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

I have looked over the nice diagram in the above thread, but I am not savy enough to know which wires to tie together in order to leave the CC "on" at all times and just bury the wires in the dash. By "on" of course I mean "able to use" not "activated." I will not be touching the controls on the steering wheel.

Furthermore, what I would most like to know is what happens when the switch is pressed, which wires are connected? Is it just the green + black <> blk/yllw? or is the red to red/blck allowed current as well when the switch is pressed?

***I am going under the assumption that my black/white wire in my '01 is replaces the black/yellow in the aforementioned diagram

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured it out on my own....

Tie up/connect the BLK, BLK/WHT, LT GRN and CC will be useable at all times. The red ones are just for the light inside the switch, so if you are using the switch for something else you might as well leave the red ones as is to indicate on/off

·
Registered
648 Posts
PSTAR on Sep/17/07 said:
Well I figured it out on my own....

Tie up/connect the BLK, BLK/WHT, LT GRN and CC will be useable at all times. The red ones are just for the light inside the switch, so if you are using the switch for something else you might as well leave the red ones as is to indicate on/off

Leave the BLK wire unconnected; I'm surprised you haven't blown a fuse by connecting that one. It's just for the indicator light. The BLK/YEL and LT GRN wires are the only ones that need to be connected together.

That CC master switch sure is a big waste of space.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
it doesnt even work with a cluster that doesnt have cruise cotnrol on it, my ITR cluster doesnt allow cruise to work (97 spec) boo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.