Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally saved enough to take my car to get fine tuned on crome. Currently I'm running the blue box and searching for one of those three ECU's (P06, P72, and P28). For those of you who go on HT, and have heard of the well known "Bubba", I will be taking my car to him to get it tuned.

My questions are...

1)Should I have a problem if i ended up buying a p06 that is chipped to be a p28 and then taking it to Bubba to tune my car?

2) Should I just wait for a P28 for Bubba to chip when I get my car tuned?

3) Should I wait for a P72 ECU and have Bubba tune that ECU.

Regardless of what ECU I choose im sticking with my decision to tune on crome.

BTW, my cars a GSR-T. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Whatever you can get your hands on for a decent price is what I would go with. Its all being tuned so as long as the ecu is setup right for the engine you'll be set.

Are you going to have Bubba socket your ECU or are you planning on doing it yourself?

Also have you already purchased the covnersion harness?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shorto85 on Feb/11/06 said:
Whatever you can get your hands on for a decent price is what I would go with. Its all being tuned so as long as the ecu is setup right for the engine you'll be set.

Are you going to have Bubba socket your ECU or are you planning on doing it yourself?

Also have you already purchased the covnersion harness?

well the guy whose offering me the p06 said its already been chipped to be a p28 and I was just gonna take it to Bubba to do the rest.

And no conversion harness yet, im still searching for one.

BTW hes selling the p06 for $100.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
other ecus can be modified to support secondaries and also no vtec ecus can be modifed to support vtec.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can modify any OBD1 non VTEC ECU such as a P05, P06, PR4 or P75 to control VTEC. You can also modify any of these to control IABs (secondaries) for H22 or GSR stock intake manifolds.

The general consensus though is that if you are going turbo, removing the IABs is the way to go...

I can supply you with kits to chip and modify your own ECU for any of this and help answer any questions...

If 'Bubba' can do all of this though...it may be wise to have him take care of everything, granted his prices are in line with your budget and the rest of the people out there modifying ECUs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xenocron on Feb/12/06 said:
You can modify any OBD1 non VTEC ECU such as a P05, P06, PR4 or P75 to control VTEC. You can also modify any of these to control IABs (secondaries) for H22 or GSR stock intake manifolds.

The general consensus though is that if you are going turbo, removing the IABs is the way to go...

I can supply you with kits to chip and modify your own ECU for any of this and help answer any questions...

If 'Bubba' can do all of this though...it may be wise to have him take care of everything, granted his prices are in line with your budget and the rest of the people out there modifying ECUs.
So what you guys are saying is I can essentially buy a non-vtec ECU like a p06 and have it chipped and socketed then tuned for my turbo set up and still have control of my IAB's?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yes, many of times....

by the way, purchasing an automatic ecu makes the vtec and IAB conversion process alot simpler.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
can anyone send me a link so i can read up about chrome.. i also want to tune my car w/ chrome.. but i dont know where to get it, or anything about it.. a guy from central florida turbo said i would need a P28 ecu, is this information correct?
thanks,
mike

Edit: i have a 1994 RS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.