Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife wants to get rid of all her CD's in her car and just use her cell phone that doubles as an MP3 player. I want to know your thoughts on this setup to get her going. The setup follow this order:

Her phone

2.5mm ---> 3.5mm Jack Converter

3.5mm Jack ---> RCA Cable Converter

[/b]RCA Cables Hooked Up To FM Modulator[/b]

Then of course the FM Modulator will hook up to the OEM Headunit. So what are your thoughts on this setup? I don't see why the sound quality should be bad. I'm not looking to get a new headunit for her car... just something that work well.

make a better title next time - hpracing007

·
Registered
494 Posts
If she's got a stock headunit, she can do what i did for my iPod. It's kinda ghetto, but easy and cheap.

Just plugs into the cd changer input.

Keep in mind that the cd changer cable has more pins than this cable. But it DID work in my car. I use it daily.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Watch out with the "2.5mm ---> 3.5mm Jack Converter" because on my cell phone I tried using one and it wouldn't stay in because the cell phone is designed for a microphone and stereo line out (has an extra contact point).

In the end I had to buy headphones designed for the phone (LG8100VX)

·
Registered
161 Posts
aalb1 on Feb/04/06 said:
so what happened with the 2.5mm jack... did it at least pick up sound? So it just didn't stay in, right?
The jack would only play the left audio and wouldn't stay in unless I held pressure against it. So be sure to find a jack that will work with the cell phone.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just remember to use mp3 files with high bit rates. Otherwise, the sound output will most certainly suck!.. Use 192 kbps or higher. Have you heard a 64kbps mp3 file. Like nails on a chalkboard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.