Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup im having trouble removing my crankshaft pulley to do my timing belt. i got everything done except the bolt to the crankshaft pulley itself. ive had someone step on the brake firmly but there is still too much movement with the crankshaft pulley still and i am without any impact tolls so any suggestion is appreciated thanx!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/timingbelt/tbelt.html

if you don't have an impact tool then you should, as any Helm's manual will show you, use the extra long pulley holder to give you enough leverage. The Holder Handle (Part Number 07JAB-001020A) and holder attachment/50 mm offset hex (07MAB-PY3010A) are used with a 19mm socket wrench to leverage off the crank pulley. If you have a bud or hookup at a shop, you can probably borrow the long extension or rent it for an hour cheap.

good luck....

·
Registered
157 Posts
if the engine is still in the car, put it in gear and have someone mash the breaks. Take you about two feet of 1/2" drive extension, and at least a two foot long 1/2" drive breaker bar. Spray the bolt down first with AeroKreoil. Let it sit for an hour or so then, sha-bammo! off it pops. Don't get discouraged if you have to put all of your weight onto the bar. Especially if its never been pulled before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts