Team Integra Forums banner

Crank shaft bolt stuck

8K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  my1999gsr 
#1 ·
I tore apart the teg this weekend to do a valve adjustment and change the timing belt. We spent about 1/2 hour trying to get the crank shaft bolt off. Tried setting in high gear, then low gear, and then reverse. Nothing in the manual we had indicated anything out of the ordinary (i.e. left thread) Have any of you had this problem or know of any solutions?

Thanks

#52 ·
Althoge on Feb/03/07 said:
Quote: 89teg_mike on Feb/03/07I'm gonna try this tomorrow before I go to the dealers and see if I can get them to hook me up...
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/honda.html

mike

we tried this. one problem we bent the bar we used and messed up his lugs. If your bolt is really on there try and make/get the tool so you don't break something else

That not the one I'm doing. Mine is a d16a1, so I have the holes on the crank pulley, I will put two screws in there and a bar goin across them and ontu the bottom of the car. which should stop it from spinning....

mike

#53 ·
I know this is old but just in case someone comes across this with problems with the crank bolt, i'd like to add my 2 cents.

I used a crank pulley holder to hold the crank in place. This is the helms manual way of doing it.

Anyways, I slipped a pipe over my wrench that extended past the front bumper and I bounced on it with most of my weight.

It took 3 times to loosen it enough to unscrew it by hand. I used a harbor freight 1/2" socket wrench, same brand 19 mm socket, crank pulley holder and a solid pipe. It felt like all the force was gonna break my wrench but the bolt slowly broke loose.

BTW: I am willing to loan the crank pulley holder if anyone needs it , you pay the shipping costs. Just PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.