Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Chicago. God I used to live there right there in Hyde Park off lake shore drive and 53rd. My old MR2 turbo was a freekin target over there. Take it to a body shop. If you sand it down then repaint it over its not going to look right.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Your paint is cracked? Or there is some paint that rubbed off on your bumper?

If its your paint that is cracked, really nothing can be done besides using touchup paint or getting the area resprayed :(

If its paint that has rubbed off, a clay bar will clean it up nicely.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's cracked...no scratch, cracked...like they hit the bumper hard.

I guess it's time to check out some touch up paint? The paint is cracked in almost web-like pattern. I imagine it will flake off in the near future. The good news though...black paint on a black bumper...not so noticeable.

This is another reason for me to buy a "city beater"...'88 MR2.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
my rear bumper is the same way, but it got like that when i need my car pushed home for about 2 miles, so it was from the pressure, but since i'm getting a kit, i am leaving it like that for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gosh that's a big one.... mine is less than one third the size of that one and the body told me it would cost $500 to fix it right.... Strip the whole thing and repaint it. Good thing i caught the guy who did it... his insurance payed me $625 for the lil, tiny, crack and i used it for my zigen exhaust and my intake.... =) but in the end the crack is still there.... =( and it rides up (gets bigger)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mine isnt half as bad as that, my paint hasnt peeled yet. cheezthis, did yours just start out in a spider pattern, then eventually crack off ? Im gonna wait awhile then just let a body shop do it. damn, gotta wait another month or so for the system upgrade.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
99tegGSR on Aug/24/02 said:
Mine isnt half as bad as that, my paint hasnt peeled yet. cheezthis, did yours just start out in a spider pattern, then eventually crack off ? Im gonna wait awhile then just let a body shop do it. damn, gotta wait another month or so for the system upgrade.
Yeah mine started out as a small spider, barely visible. Then a few days later, it cracked.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just got off the phone with a body shop and they said around 300-400$. Meltman, did yours crack off ? As long as mine doesnt crack off anytime soon I have time to save up to get it re-painted.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I've got that on my front bumper cover (I'll try to post pics) drivers side ... inside the word 'Integra' and in that little 'corner' above it. (It's kind hard to describe).

Anyway, my paint has chipped out too (but not in the 'Integra' part yet. I picked up some touch up paint from the stealership because I was tired of looking at a black spot on my bumper.

This occured because the stealership's body shop did a rush job on a paint repair job for me. Sorry suckers! They dropped the ball on my car, and then rushed it, and now I'm stuck with the crappy paint!
They put on too much paint too fast, and it bubbled and then cracked.

But that's ok, I got my money back. I would've let them repair it, which is what should have happened, but after going there 5 times, their man couldn't even identify the problem. I had to take it to another body shop, and they are the ones that identified the problem as a bubble from too much paint too fast. Frickin dealership rushed my car ... Punks!

I'll probably have to have the whole thing resprayed ... mucho dinero for that though.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Quote: I picked up some touch up paint from the stealership because I was tired of looking at a black spot on my bumper.[/QUOTE]

stealership . . . lol

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
MrMoe on Aug/25/02 said:
stealership . . . lol
It's true, its true ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts