Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today on my way on on the interstate a 18 wheeler kicked up a way rock into my winshield and the crack wasnt that bad but now it started spreading and is like 2 times worse. I was wonderin if any of yall kno what they put in the windshield cracks to make it stop spreading at body shops or just anything yall know of to make it stop spreading. I was think silicon cauk might do it but any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know if you could fix it now because I don't know how big it is, but I had a rock chip my windshield and I took it to a place that replaces car windows and they fixed it for $30. What that does is it cleans it up and keeps it from spreading so just look around. I would get it done soon because it will keep on spreading.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
for you all that get rocks or what have you hit your windshield...if you have ins. (i hope so) and you know of a shop that replaces auto glass (look in the yellow pages) call your ins company and they will prob replace all you do is pay a deductable...i have safco. I used to have a big mark in my windshield from where someone let the wiper arms rub on the windshield...go figure. (I had to crack my windshield with a rock to make it look like road debris) anyway i called up my ins company, and i told them i wanted to get it replaced and they were like okay we will send the info there. I went to the place and they replaced it free of charge. I know in ky and another state, you dont have to pay the deductable...look into it!!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
OR, if you live in florida.. by state law, insurance companies HAVE to replace your windshield at NO cost to you, not even a deductable..

·
Registered
249 Posts
sneeedle on Sep/19/02 said:
OR, if you live in florida.. by state law, insurance companies HAVE to replace your windshield at NO cost to you, not even a deductable..
Hey is this true?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
sneeedle on Sep/19/02 said:
really? *hmmm* does that include all glasses?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
this is only if you have comprehensive coverage...

if u only have liabilty, they are not required to cover it... i tried..

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
It is not fixable and will need to be replaced.

I don't know about replacement. If you have full coverage then they cover it. Your insurance won't go up for this.

If the law states that the state has to pay than thats even better, but I don't know abour your state. Seems a lil far fetched.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
its true as per florida statue, but like i said before, you must have comprehensive (full) coverage... simply call you insurance company and they will either send some one to you or tell you where to go, at no cost to you and your insurance will not go up. you can get a new glass every week and they still cant charge you. if you have only liabilty, you will have to pay on your own.

·
Registered
1998 Integra
1,113 Posts
I am with State Farm. Under my policy there is a line for glass. It's like $1 a month. Since 98, I have had 2 new windshields put in my car and haven't paid a cent.

What usually happens is that the deductible is worked into the price where there is no charge. For example the windshield install is $400 then you have a $100 deductible, the glass installer says "free install with insurance" and "$300 without insurance".

I don't know about an insurance policy that does not specifically say that it includes glass.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm not to sure on Louisiana state laws, but in Florida the insurance company is required to cover your front windsheild irregardless as it may create a problem if it were to get worse and cause an accident. I have witnessed them payout, (very displeased about it, on a liabilty policy.

ALso dependign on your state laws you may be able to call the truck company of the 18 wheeler that hit you and report it to them. In illinois , back in 1995-1997, if a commercial vehicle threw rocks up they had to pay for the widnsheild and to have any damages caused to teh car repaired. Its different wherever you go, RTFM on those DOT books for the best answer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts