Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally have to go to court for my Reckless Driving on Friday. Needless to say, I'm scared ****less... So far this is what's been happening.

We requested the police report 3 months ago, and they still have not provided us with it.

They sent my lawyer a plea bargain, saying that if I plead guilty to Reckless Driving, they will fine me $250 and traffic school. They said don't even count on dropping it to a Negligent 2.

My lawyer thinks that we have a good chance of having the case dropped, but that still doesn't ease the worry..

Has anyone else been through this situation that can throw me some pointers?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I say trust your lawyer... I never went far as reckless driving, but my lawyer always came through when I had traffic tickets. If they can't get it dismissed they will most likely work out a deal with the court. Good luck man.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Good luck with it all man, just hope for the best.

I'm anxious to hear the results -- keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trickmaster505 on Oct/08/07 said:
i got a reckless.... spent almost 2g's on a lawyer and only got it dropped to a neg2. Also had to do traffic school. Good luck man, some of us just had to learn the hard way.
So far yours sounds the most like my situation. Can you explain what happened to get you caught, and what your record was like when it happened?

·
Registered
436 Posts
If they never fulfill discovery then you get out of the charges. They are legally required to send the police officers notes if requested. I'm sure your lawyer has the proper paperwork and if you don't get anything before Friday your ok.

·
Registered
491 Posts
just don't worry about it.. I have had 3 wreckless driving tickets reduced to Non moving violations. might be your best way. for example, i got one dropped to a "Expired tabs, or invalid license".

I didn't even have a lawyer, but there is one guy to talk to.. "City prosecutor :)" they can be your best friend, just explain to them what happened and it wont happen again.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well thanks for the input everyone. I just hope it works out, I dont think it will look too good if my college sees that I have a criminal record, scholarship buh-bye :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Your scholarship should be fine man, having a neg or wreckless driving isn't considered a criminal offense, something more along the lines of assault, battery, theft, arson, etc. would fall under criminal offense.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm sure the least the court would do is drop it from a wreckless to a much minor offence since you do have a laywer and all. So you shouldn't worry too much about the wreckless driving.

Getting the entire case dismiss is probably the hard part. But that's why you have a lawyer right? ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I almost had a wreckless for pullin the ebrake when it was porin rain in my culdesack while no one was home but sum *****, so the cop came to my house and let it go but said if he catches me doin **** like that he'll arrest me.

GL!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.