Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
The engine cooling fan? If so, why would you want to do that? My teg's temp never goes past halfway on my temp guage...

And just a suggestion about your post title. The general rule of thumb is I'm supposed to be able to tell what the thread is about by just reading the title. So an appropriate title for this thread could be "Cooling fan bypass switch." Follow my advice and your threads won't get locked.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah change this thread needs a title change.

Anyways It's probably possible. Since I know a person that did it on an old ass Probe. The funny thing is he used a regular light switch that you would have in your house, and it's just hanging there in his car.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah, title changed. I don't understand how people expect to get help with vague subjects. If someone did the fan bypass they will be more likely to click on a thread with that rather than some vague thread. I know someone on this board did it though. Ati2ude maybe? I forget, but I know someone did it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey thats funny, i juss got some toggle switches for both the radiator and the A/C fan. will it do anything for more efficient cooling? . .haven't a f*ckin clue but hey it won't hurt right? on sat im pickin up a greddy temp gauge so i'll let yall kno if it helps, but to me it just a mental thing . . .

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i know a buncha v8's at my local drag strip that have done this... they can cut off their car and turn their fan on manually, i think the idea behind it is that it gets it colder for the next run

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote: Justin Klemgold on Jun/24/02 The engine cooling fan? If so, why would you want to do that? My teg's temp never goes past halfway on my temp guage...

And just a suggestion about your post title. The general rule of thumb is I'm supposed to be able to tell what the thread is about by just reading the title. So an appropriate title for this thread could be "Cooling fan bypass switch." Follow my advice and your threads won't get locked.
[/QUOTE]sorry it was my first post

·
Registered
448 Posts
time to revive this thread...anyone know where you would splice in a switch so it turns on when the keys are out of the ignition?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
to bring this up again.. I have 2 extra switches in my car and I was just thinking about hooking my fan up to it. My car almost overheated the other day because (I think) of my coolant mixture, or possibly my thermostat, anyways.. My fan doesn't come on unless my car is HOT. I have a FAL fan on a stock radiator, would it be wise to hook this up to a switch so that I could manually turn is on a little more than it normally does?

Derek

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't.
It would help cool things down while the car isn't running.No negatives on that.
But taking a look at your thermostat is a better place to start though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to. Is there a way to test to see if it's working properly? And I dont know if I wrote it wrong or anything, but I was talking about using a switch to turn my fans on while my car is running, so the fans would run more frequently.

Derek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts