Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to flush my radiator and i read in the owner's manual that when you fill it up with new fluid you need to open the bleeder valve until no bubbles come out. where is the bleeder valve. it said it was on top of the engine block and it even has a picture, but it doesn't seem to match my engine. help. i have a 95 se

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's probably near the water pump. If you can't find it, just take your radiator cap off (while the engine is cool) and let the car idle for a while - this should let most of the bubbles out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Look for the highest point on the engine, air collects there so that's the most logical place for the bleeder. Without going outside to look, probably at the thermostat housing.

Marty.

·
Registered
444 Posts
ITS oN THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING, FOLLOW YOUR UPPER RADIATOR HOSE TO THE BLOCK, IT LOOKS LIKE A BLEEDER SCREW oN A BRAKE CALIPER, YOU CANT MISS IT!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess i'm missing it cause when i follow that hose it goes to the side of the engine block/head just below the distributor and then a hose goes to the thermostat housing and there are several hoses that come out/go into the thermostat housing but there is not a bleeder screw there! i've felt around the whole thing and there's nothing. what's going on here by the way i have a 95 se.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts