Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 98 back in February. I am not sure how old the coolant is that is in there now. It is nice and green and reads good on the coolant temp range checker. My question is if the coolant is 4 or 5 years old ( ie older than the recommended life of the coolant) will it still read good on the coolant temp range checker? How to tell if it needs to be changed. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Id replace it anyway. Ther eis no telling how long YOUR coolant will last. Coolant has advanced so much in the last few years, they now have 10 year 100,000 mile coolant. Just change it, even if its just for piece of mind, it cost what $10-15 at most?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
^+1 Just change it. I change my coolant twice as often as is recommended. It's not worth slowly eating away at your head gasket to save like $12.

Spend the $12. When I do mine, I take the thermostat out, put the heat to full hot, and flush the system out completely, and it still doesn't take me more than a half hour when all is said and done. It's one of those things that's a no brainer. If in doubt, just replace it. Use good quality coolant, and do it right.

Hope that helps.

-Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.