Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my temp shoot up one day, quickly reaching to red on the gauge, like 220°F+, but I kept driving anyway because I thought it was a fluke, as I had just installed a new Mishimoto rad and bled the whole system. When I got back home, I lifted the engine just to check it out and noticed coolant all over my oilpan. I couldn't see it anywhere else in the engine bay. Spent a while trying to find it until I looked under. Sprayed onto the exhaust as well.

Eventually I finally noticed that way up into the bay, beneath the intake manifold, there seem to be trace amounts of the blue coolant, as well as some strange glue-like substance. Looks like it's directly connected to the back of the water pump. The weird thing is, when looking up pics, half the engines I found didn't have this weird pipe, that seems very solid like it's part of the rest of the block/head. AKA not removable. Maybe it is and they just didn't have it hooked up? I'm sure somebody knows way better than I do, hence me being here lol.

So any ideas for the solution to this somewhat severe problem? Is this whole pipe thing removable, or is it something as simple as replacing the water pump.
I have a feeling that grey glue is NOT boiled coolant lol. Very possibly done from the previous owner to fix this problem before?
The stuff it quite solid, I couldn't even peel it off with my fingers, though I couldn't get too good of a grip on it to begin with.

That pipe being black in the second pic makes me think it is indeed removable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s your thermostat housing coolant pipe. It does come apart. Have to find a replacement.
Here’s a video I found.
Ah awesome, so it does come apart then. I got linked this in another forum, saying I may need to replace #16, which may be it.
I'll take it apart while still in the engine bay if I can, may be a huuuge ***** though.
See if I may need to replace the actual piping, possibly cracked apart, rather than a bad gasket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts