Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, one problem after another.Just fixed the sealing bolt on the solenoid, now I have a coolant leak and the motor is overheating. It's coming out where the radiator hose goes into the block. The hose is fine and tried another clamp. Still pours out from the housing..I don't see any cracks. New thermostat was installed a couple months ago.I don't see any leaks underneath. What could be going on??
The weird thing is, I turned on the AC to lubricate the seals for like 4 minutes and within 5 minutes after I turned it on, this problem started. Coincidence, ????...I've tried moving the temp lever, same result. I'm also not getting any heat, I'm assuming because coolant isn't going through the system..Is the water pump belt driven?

Thanks for help...

Month of car trouble 96_GSR

·
Registered
638 Posts
i just had a temp problem and it was the thermostat switch, mine was easy enough to just do at my friends shop, maube you could take it for a leak test, dont exactly know what to call it obviously, but thier only like $20-30. Do you have a bad housing?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
sounds like your thermostat gasket may eiether be ripped or folded over. try installing a new thermostat gasket. if the problem consists and you see no sign of a cracked housing add some black rtv sealent around the mouth of the housing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have the same problem, got mine tested and they said i need a new water pump, so i guess i'd change the timing belt also

·
Registered
711 Posts
sounds more like your radiator is not working so causin it to over heat, then leak out threw the hose where it goes into the motor.. radiator?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Get a pressure test done so you can pinpoint where it's leaking from, itll squirt out of the spot and itll make alot more sense to you when you see it with your own eyes.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see it coming from the hose that goes from the radiator to the block..Leaking from the block end. The radiator doesn't get hot, telling me the thermostat is stuck close and bad..I just got a new radiator a while ago and the a new water pump..The theromostat is new as well, but maybe it just failed..Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Thought it was the thermostat...Installed a new one, and a new top hose...Well, still was leaking...By looking very closely, it was coming from the hose right underneath the hose that goes into the head...It a had a big hole in it...ERRR..Oh well, now I know how to change my thermostat. Oh course I went to the Acura dealer that's open til 2am and they don't have it...Do you guys think I can take meausrements of that hose and get the and have it cut at Advance Auto Parts? I know they have alot of different size hose that they can cut for you...I put a bunch of hondabond on the hole tonight, since duct tape didn't do the trick.....

Thanks for your guys help...So much nicer to fix problems yourself then pay a bunch of money for something simple..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts