Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TI. I have searched for this problem I have and have not found anything similar.

99 GSR manual with new JDM B18C motor.

I blew my motor2 months ago and just got the new one put in a few weeks ago. I have only driven 100 miles so far but I am constantly loosing coolant but no leaks and no smoking. My mechanic friend thought that maybe the head gasket was about to go but has not mixed witht he oil yet. I was right about to do that until I noticed a receipt on my floor was wet and the ink was runny and it had not rained here for awhile. I pulled up my floor mat and my entire floor is soaked with coolant. Good news is it is probably not the head gasket but now I have a coolant leak inside my car. I have never heard of this b4. I cannot see where it comes from directly. I did not have this problem before I blew my motor.

Any help before I gut my whole interior would be great.

Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's coming from your heater core. That's the only place where coolant enters the cabin

·
Registered
597 Posts
x5 mine leaked once, its obnoxious

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys. I had taken the dash out before on my last integra but not the heating core. Thanks guys. Unless anyone has a different idea I got the help I was looking for.

Steve

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would contact a local detailer and get some tips on how to clean and dry out the carpet. An old roommate of mine had the heater core leak in an old subaru and the mixture of carpet rotting from being soaked in antifreeze was unbearable and nearly impossible to get rid of. He ended up selling the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel ya pain I have the same problem.First block ya heater off by routing the hose away from the engine, directly to the heater.It's located on the passenger side firewall engine bay. Borrow a wet dry vac and suck up the coolant. Pull ya carpet back away from the doors and firewall to really get the coolant out. Good luck on changing the heater core, I haven't done mine yet. Hit me up if you need help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.