Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was wondering how I could convert my bolt pattern to 4x114.3?

Would it be possible to just switch hubs? Or would a whole "conversion" be required? Like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221087009778?redirect=mobile#ht_500wt_922

I'm curious because I have a set of BBS' in that pattern and I'm debating whether to get them re drilled or if there was an easy way to convert to 4x114.3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc. The only things different between the 96 itr & the non itr brake systems were the pad compound & bolt pattern.

Sent from my R800x using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Yeah, I believe you're looking at identical rotors (sans bolt pattern) and identical calipers all around.
So find the hubs and find the rear bearing assemblies and you should be good. Again, you'll be looking at accord parts, though you should be warned that there may not be front hubs with 32mm axles in existance at 4x114.3. You may need JDM axles to get it all together as I believe the accord used 36mm axles on the outboard spline.

Hubs/rotors/wheels are your only difference. I believe they went to the 5x114.3 because of the tendency for lug nuts to come off on the 4x wheels on the track.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't s anyone know if he 96 ITR (4x114.3) had ABS?
I'd really like to keep ABS. I was wondering if I tried the 4x114.3 conversion, would I still be able to able to. "plug and play" the ABS sensors.
The photos I've seen of the conversions for sale don't show where the sensors are located or if they are even present. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
521 Posts
Don't s anyone know if he 96 ITR (4x114.3) had ABS?
I'd really like to keep ABS. I was wondering if I tried the 4x114.3 conversion, would I still be able to able to. "plug and play" the ABS sensors.
The photos I've seen of the conversions for sale don't show where the sensors are located or if they are even present. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide App
my 96 ITR has abs

·
Premium Member
963 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI the only axles you can run on a 4x114.3 setup are JDM axles with 36mm outer splines. Tough to find. Not something a parts store will have for ya.

Aw, bummer. I thought I read somewhere on Honda-tech that they were 32mm, but I can't find the bookmark for it. :frown:

Oh we'll, may just go the fill, redrill route when the time comes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Aw, bummer. I thought I read somewhere on Honda-tech that they were 32mm, but I can't find the bookmark for it. :frown:

Oh we'll, may just go the fill, redrill route when the time comes.
Check my thread on ht, I don't think you need jdm axles im using oem gsr axles, but there might something i missed because i think i had the two front gsr knuckles installed on the ITR hubs to still use the abs on the front. And i guess some came with abs and some didn't, because one side had abs holes to mount up the abs sensor and the other side of the rear didn't have the holes to mount it up although the area was the same just the oles for the bolts weren't drilled at the factory so i tried swapping the rear hub and abs gear from the gsr and swapped it on the itr hub, everything went on fine but the abs sensor wont read the abs ring gear so my abs light was still on, i just unplugged the small plug in the back of the cluster but its not the safest solution but the light is off and braking seems fine, i do believe that my brakes can lock in the event of a hard brake because of the abs code . read my thread i made when i converted to a 96 spec itr conversion.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2987507

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you do the 4X114.3 conversion then to replace worn stuff this is what I would do.

Front : 95 prelude vtec rotors, US ITR calipers , US ITR brake pads

Rear: 90-93 accord rear rotors, US ITR Calipers, US ITR brake pads

It is hard to find replacement rotors for the jdm 4X114.3 setup. Fastbrakes has them

Link :

front
4x114.3 brake info

rear
http://forums.itrexpo.com/zerothread?id=12051

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you do the 4X114.3 conversion then to replace worn stuff this is what I would do.

It is hard to find replacement rotors for the jdm 4X114.3 setup. Fastbrakes has them

Link :

front
4x114.3 brake info

rear
http://forums.itrexpo.com/zerothread?id=12051
theres actually a site that sells them in the u.s for the jdm itr 4x114.3 i just lost the link.
But basically your saying if we need to change rotors we can use these,

because im still using oem u.s gsr calipers and pads, the jdm ITR calipers that came with my conversion were the same. so i didnt bother swapping calipers and having to bleed my brakes again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes that is the replacement if you want to upgrade or can't find rotors. fastbrakes sells rotors for the jdm 4x114 still.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts