Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with my teggy...It seems to be smoking out the exhaust. Its thin white smoke. At first I thought it was my oil burning...but it hasn't been burning that much lately. I'm thinking it could be my valves or my piston rings.I was also told it could be the condensation from my exhaust. But im not sure...let me know what you guys think

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
It could be condensation in your exhaust but I doubt it, sounds like coolant is burning off. Possible headgasket problem?? Do a compression test or leakdown that's my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
well if it's not coolant, it's not the condensation because for it to constantly smoke it would have to be condensation that has learned how to multiply like bacteria and never leave your system

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
good test to do, plus it could be your valve seals gone bad, there's no way it could be oil though if it's white, some people say it's white when they're burning oil because they might not look close enough to notice that it's blue, plus that's really hard to tell because it tends to be so close sometimes.

oil = blue or grey smoke
water or antifreeze = white smoke

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
well if it is the water (in actuality antifreeze unless you're putting water into your radiator
lol) then you have a leak in your cooling system or valve seals, do a leakdown test right after your compression test to see how you're doing in that dept.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As long as you are sure the smoke is white (not blue), it's highley likely you have a blown head gasket. A leaking valve seal would produce oil in the combustion chamber, so hopeully those are fine.

As long as you don't have a cracked head or block (probably don't), the head gasket will most likely fix it. Those tests will throw a flag for you.... During the tests, remove the coolant overflow cap (dont remove radiator cap) and see if any bubbles pop up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.