Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I have a compustart alarm and when I bought my car it only came with one remote. (i believe the previous owner might have it)

but anyways, I was wondering, cant the previous owner disable my car with that other remote? should I change alarms? is there any way to reset the alarm? but then wouldnt that remote still work?

please help me out. thanks.

alarm is not a good enough title - hpracing007

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the previous owner still has the other remote, yes, he can disarm your alarm and unlock your car, if he made a copy of the key, he could even drive away.

Check your owners or install manual for your alarm (if you have one) to see if you can delete all transmitters and then learn just the one you have.
If you didn't get one with the car, try downloading it from the manufacturer's web site.

If you want to be completely confident, have it removed and replaced with a new one. This really is the best option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. I definitely will try to relearn the remotes or whatnot. I was thinking about putting in an another alarm or so. I heard the 791xv but my alarm is the compustar 2w-fm (remote start)

but yeah, I ll try to download the manual or whatnot. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
99Gsrpower on Jan/19/06 said:
thanks for the replies. I definitely will try to relearn the remotes or whatnot. I was thinking about putting in an another alarm or so. I heard the 791xv but my alarm is the compustar 2w-fm (remote start)

but yeah, I ll try to download the manual or whatnot. thanks for the info.
If you have manual transmission, I'd keep the alarm that you have. Because it's impossible to remote start it in gear.

If you go to a authorized compustar dealer, they can do a master reset and re-program the remote you have now so the previous owners one wouldn't work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
They are right, take it to a compustar dealer and they can delete all the remotes and relearn the one you have. The bad thing is, if he has the key, he can still drive away with it, just put the key in, tap the valet switch and see ya. I think compustar is like this. Most alarms are. May want to have them relocate the switch.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
awsnap on Jan/19/06 said:
They are right, take it to a compustar dealer and they can delete all the remotes and relearn the one you have. The bad thing is, if he has the key, he can still drive away with it, just put the key in, tap the valet switch and see ya. I think compustar is like this. Most alarms are. May want to have them relocate the switch.
compustar uses the remote to be put into valet, no hidden switch

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
StatGSR on Jan/19/06 said:
talk to a compustar dealer see what they can do for ya. and if u deside to get a new one, upgrade to the 2w900fm.

the 2w900fm is worse. The distance doesn't go as far as they claim. And it's worse than the 2WFM-AS.

I've done this test over and over again.

My dad has the 2W900FM and I have the 2WFM-AS. We test it all the time. He's always teasing me about having the clock and vibrating feature and I always tease him that it's useless if your out of range.

I've also done the distance test at a local authorize compustar dealer because I didn't want to believe what he was telling me. So he hooked it up and I proceeded to do the test on both models. Same results.

Then I told my buddy about it and he didn't believe me either, so again the local authorized compustar dealer hooked both up and he did the test. He reported the same results.

Sorry man.

If the features are what you want, go for the 2WFM900.

If it's the distance, go for the 2WFM-AS.

Edit - More proof from a local board.http://torontointegras.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13865

Audio Heaven in the link is the authorized compustar dealer for us here in ontario, Canada

Audio Heaven Website http://www.audio-heaven.com/store/

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks a lot. I currently have the 2wfm-as

I m going to take it to the authorized compustar place and see what I can do. My remote is also broken (cracked plastic case and no antenna) so I might also have to buy a replacement remote.

I might also think about just buying another identical compustar alarm system model and swtiching the brain and also using the new remote that comes with it.

*just trying to find better ways to deal with my problem, and I know how precious alarms are on these integra's.

but thanks for the help everyone. i ve learned lots.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
all you have to do is reprogram the remote you have and it automatically deletes all previously programed remotes. you should be able to download a copy of the owners manual online. its very simple to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.