Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sitting in my garage right now tryin to figure out how to line up the LCA after taking out the bolt to install the tiebar. it's a little crooked and the screw isn't going in right. so if you can suggest anything thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Take your jack and jack up the LCA at then end where it mounts to the subframe.

It also helps to either: put your wheel back on to put a load on the lca, or jack up the round part the holds the wheel studs by the brake rotor.

once u get the bolt through the front of the subframe and into the LCA, the LCA will be at an angle so it is hard to get it through the other end of the subframe.

At that point, take out a good hammer and hammer that ***** ass bolt in.

Trying to move the LCA is difficult because you have to fight the tension of the springs.
However with the wheel on, you can move the LCA easier.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Another trick I used to employ was to try and get a screw driver through the rear of the LCA hole, and once through, I could thread the LCA bolt from the front while hitting the screw driver back out.

·
Registered
684 Posts
using the jack (keeping the tire on) is really good.

also I'm small enough to sit under the car, and I took some huge channel lock pliers and just man-handled the LCA into place.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i ended up using the technique using a wrench to hold the arm in place and had a friend bang in the bolt. it was such a pain in the ass. arg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts