Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the Comptech Sport springs that have the 1.25 drop and most likely will pair that one up with the Koni Yellows. I'm not too sure if these shocks work well with the springs. My question...is this a good setup? I'm looking for practicality and performance. I don't really want to angle around nor worry about speed bumps/ditches, and potholes but I also would like the performance. I'm not too sure about how good the Comptech Springs are but so far Comptech have done their research so I'm trusting that they provide good springs. Pair that up with the Koni Yellows and hopefully, I think, my suspension will be improved. What do you all think? Thanks. By the way, what is the stock height of the Type R compared to the LS? Someone told me it was 1.25 drop to 1.50. Thanks all!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Koni Yellows are great, they will work well with any aftermarket spring. The Comptech springs are a little soft from a pure performance standpoint but work well for street purposes. They are a good mix of practicality and performance since they aren't too stiff for the daily drive yet they will provide that extra support over the stock springs. Check them in our spring specs article to see if the spring rates are enough for what you'll be using them for.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surfer X. If I were to go with the comptech springs would I need to get the camber kit as well to keep the car's suspension up to par? Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you mean by alignment does that mean just the typical alignment done at the dealerships when you go check up on your car after you do maintenance or is that a separate kit? btw, that's good news to hear that i wont need to spend that extra money to get a camber kit. =)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alignment would be to adjust toe and check caster and camber are within factory tolerances since these are non-adjustable on stock cars.

Marty.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
How do the Comptech springs compare to the Neuspeed Sport springs? Also, is there anything else you should be looking for in springs as far as performance is concerned besides the spring rate? Thanks!

And I believe the ITR is .75" lower if I remember right.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Surfer. I compared the spring rates. The difference between the front and rear are drastic. Is there a reason why? Will this affect performance? I'm worried it might beceause due to acceleration rear drop. What do you think? or it's something I shouldn't even be concerned about. Thanks again

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Front needs to be stiffer due to the weight of the engine.

Also, why does it have a dash and two numbers for some of the rear springs?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It is a little drastic, the rears are softer mainly to keep a soft ride for the street. They're fine for the street, but you could do better if you're looking for more performance. It's always a tradeoff, depends what you want. I'm looking at the Spoons myself for dual street/track purposes. I'll see if I can get the KG/MM springs up there too so there'll be more of a selection too. It's hard to get spring specs out of some of these manufacturers as alot of them aren't allowed to say.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How would you compare the Comptech with Eibach since they have the same spring rate? I'm looking into the Comptech with H&R Springs. The H&R race ones have a higher rate but somehow they're cheaper than Comptech that has a lower spring rate. Is there a reason for this? Which would you suggest?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
While we're on the subject and we have one of our TI Professors in on it...

Would having stiffer rear springs help somewhat towards the same effect of an ITR rear sway bar as far as cornering is concerned? Shouldn't the higher spring rates help skid the rear tires?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Higher rear spring rates will help induce more oversteer.

I believe Comptech springs = Eibach Pro kit. Comptech contracts many outside sources to manufacture parts to their specifications because it would take an extremely large operation to produce all the parts they carry in-house. Although Comptech would never admit, I suspect they just put in the 1.25" drop spec to make it a negligible non measurable difference from the Pro Kit so people wouldn't be suspicious. Not too many people think about spring rate, just drop height.

I'd take the H&R race for more performance. The Comptechs will give a much more comfortable ride though if that's more important to you.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you surfer x that helped a lot. Louse, I think it's more important if the spring rate in the rear is higher if you want oversteer. Try the tie/sway bar combo from Comptech. I hear it does wonders for oversteer on an LS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts