Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a dumb question but bare with me...I'm planning on getting the comptech setup i/h/e and as i've been reading more about it, it seems as if I'll need to get the ice box too to compliment the intake. My question is, do i need the ice box? does it make a big difference?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I have it and I like it. It doesn't make too much difference if you've already been moving for a couple minutes as the engine bay gets all the air from the outside anyway. But starting from a stop when the engine bay is an oven it helps get that extra power from the cooler air.

To save money you may want to think about using the stock hose with Comptech filter and Icebox. The Comptech short ram is overpriced IMHO.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i agree, the icebox is a very good product, its only downfall is that it is a little pricy just because they want you to use it with the SRI from Comptech.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
actually the fact of the matter is,eventhough you can only use it with the comptech shortram, it was not designed to be that way. its basically the only way they could make it. i talked to MikeB over at comptech and he said that the shortram was made even before the icebox was in the plans. so the design of the icebox then had to be tailored to the design of the short ram. i asked him this same question because i thought it was rediculous and that they priced the intake so high because it was the only one that oculd be used with the icebox. and just to let you know that i have found out with MikeB and comptech that they are very honest guys. if you ask them a question that doesnt benefit them, they will still give you the correct answer.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I wonder what they would say if you asked them where they got the idea for their Integra race header design...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so since it seems mandatory to get the 2 pieces, do any of you know if there is some sort of group package, or do you have to buy them separately?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i dont know. i looked for it on the website but didnt see anything about it. whats the story on it. do i sense a bit of mischeif in it??

if it is i we do ask them and see what the answer they give is.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I bought mine, based on the fact it's the only intake that will properly fit a supercharged engine.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What do some of you guys feel about the comparison of the Comptech Ice Box & SRI versus the AEM CAI w/ bypass valve in terms of performance (we already know the design differences
)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts