Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SurferX, I just noticed that you have the comptech ice box for your Integra. I was wondering, what kind of HP gains you get from the icebox with the short arm, and also torque. Is there performance difference from a regular cold air intake like AEM and Injen from the icebox?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I didn't dyno the stock, AEM, and Icebox intakes back to back so I couldn't tell you what it did for me. I just got rid of the AEM because it was rubbing a hole in itself on the A/C line bracket plus with the filter being so low to the ground it would get disgusting real quick. I always had to pick crap out of it and nothing filters perfectly so I'm sure some junk got through too. The AEM just didn't suit me anymore.

If you look at the other Icebox threads in this forum there's a dyno posted comparing the AEM, Injen, and Icebox.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
RPM, I'm not sure if it means much, but comptech has dyno postings of the icebox on their site. They may be a bit bias, though :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys! I think I'm defenatly gonna go with the Comptech Ice Box. I don't trust the cold air intakes, I know they get really good HP gains and good performance, but I'm looking for something long-term and I think the Comptech Ice Box is gonna be my choice. I checked out the dyno from the site, but it only compares stock and ice box, not from Injen or AEM. I'm wondering if there is a dyno chart for the 3 different intakes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
most of my friends have the comptech ice box and intake, and its alot better then a aem cai, i got rid of mine cus it kept rubbing like yours did. alot of people said theyd rather have the icebox over aem cai, for one, u get more cold air, and its safer

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes there is. Another reason why I switched to the Icebox. The Icebox was set up using the stock rubber intake hose and Comptech drop-in filter. This test was done at Comptech's dyno facility hence the logo but was done independantly.

Anybody know what filter the Injen uses and if it has a velocity stack horn in it or not? If not I have no idea why it dynoed better than the AEM here.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Comptech performs nice around low and mid-rage rpm, just exactly what I'm looking for. I wish the comptech short arm and the ice box wasn't so expensive, but I guess it's worth it. I can't wait untill I get it. :) Thanks for everyones help again! SurferX, thanks for the dyno chart!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts