Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, yes, i know this question has been asked before many times in many different forms. my 99 gsr is under warranty till june 03'. Im gonna buy an exhaust in the next couple weeks, comptech is the only exhaust that does not void the warranty, is comptech a good choice, or is there a better cat back, comparitive in price, worth getting and forgetting about the warranty?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It depends on what you plan to do with your car.

Its a 2.25" exhaust, so its good for a boltons only B18C. If you plan to do more than just I/H/C/E, then look for a larger exhaust.

·
Registered
577 Posts
HyTech would be something worth forgetting your warranty over. But then again, the catback by itself is $700. IMO, the comptech exhaust is awesome. Not that I have one, but I've been in a teg that has one, and besides the performance numbers it can give, it's one of the best sounding exhuasts out there. It's very quiet when your not at WOT, and just right when your are. Just my $.02

·
Registered
110 Posts
Im not sure of your claim of Comptech being the only exhaust that doesnt void the warranty. As a matter of fact, the only thing a new exhaust should void is the part it replaces, but that wouldnt matter because its not on your car.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
it is NOT the only one that doesn't void it. It may indeed have a warranty at the dealer, but a different exhaust would not be covered, but everything you have is still covered (minus the new exhaust) and if that exhaust causes a problem, the warranty won't cover it. But how many problems can an exhaust cause?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
No exhaust, header, or intake will void your warranty. They can't and any dealership using this scare tactic to sell parts is wrong in so many places. If he really says this, ask him to put it in writing. If he will, which I know he wont, the boys at SEMA would rip them a new one.

·
Registered
472 Posts
from what i've heard a person asked the honda dealership and asked them. they said that if your performance part harms the engine in anyway then it would void warranty but thats only what i've heard im not 100% percent on that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They will have to prove that it was the exhaust, or any other parts you put in, was the cause of the damage to void your warranty.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Different dealers have different policies on aftermarket stuff. Some dealers sell Comptech parts and if you buy it from them and they install it the new Comptech exhaust is covered under warranty like your car is. I've also seen other dealers doing the same for DC Sports parts.

If you have a ***** dealer like mine which doesn't like any sort of aftermarket stuff aside from the phony "Type R" cupholders they sell in the parts dept, then they won't cover any aftermarket parts under warranty even if it's Comptech. But still with those dealers, the only part of your warranty that is voided is with the part you replaced. If you bring your car in for warranty service and your Comptech exhaust caused the problem, then they can deny warranty. However if the exhaust had nothing to do with the problem, then they are required to by law to fix your car under warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help guys, i think i'll go with comptech cuz i ve heard good things about power and sound, and its not too expensive thanks again

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The one thing i've heard about this subject is that the dealer has to put it on for you or a speed shop of some sort which is approved by the dealer. Thats what they told my friend when he got his intake a few years back.

That seems to make sense to me... cuz you could technically damage something when installing, as easy as it might be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts