Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some research on what headers and cat to get to go with my comptech exaust. i know that a lot of people get the carsound cat. but i don't have the money to take it to a shop to have them modify my exaust. I would like to get a comptech header and have been told that their high flow cat will bolt right up.now i am not going for a huge amount of power.
I read the exaust articles and didn't quite follow the entire thing but from what i gather since i am not going to be doing anything big internaly or going FI then this would be a decent setup. any suggestions?
Does anyone have this cat or have experience with the

·
Registered
117 Posts
The comptech cats are for off road use only. Check out ipsracing.com they sell the carsound cats with the 2nd O2 sensor bung already welded in you can get them for under $200.00.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have to modify the exaust at all for carsound cats or do they just bolt in?

·
Registered
271 Posts
You are correct about the Comptech cat bolting up to the Comptech header. Unfortunately I couldn't go w/ the Comptech cat because Comptech won't warranty the cat if used on a FI engine. I went with Random Technology's Super High Flo cat and love it, plus the guys at Random will warranty the cat since I went FI. btw, I know a few people who do use the Comptech cat and don't ride off road (no probs. w/ their set up).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh, not huge hp gains (lol), but feels freer in the higher rpms and speeds. Also the Random Hi Flo Cat adds a slightly deeper note to my exhaust (The sound of power
)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have to get the flanges with the carsound right to make it bolt up to the header and then get a flange for the muffler side and have the piping cut and reflanged also. am i right about this.

lol "Rally Slow" well i am just retarded and can't spell

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i've got the random tech. cat on mine. no problems except that i was running way to rich and melted the welds off the heat shield and melted the internals of it loose. they warrantied it anyway. it only had like 4,000 miles on it. i got my fuel system straightened out and it's all good now. plus like ucfknight37 said, they warranty their product if you ever decide to go FI.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
gsrsilv on Aug/14/02 said:
I would have to get the flanges with the carsound right to make it bolt up to the header and then get a flange for the muffler side and have the piping cut and reflanged also. am i right about this.

lol "Rally Slow" well i am just retarded and can't spell
talk to dave at SMSP. he'll hook you up. i'm sure it's going to be hella cheaper than $370.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts