Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how exactly do I do a compression test? I know how to do everything but how many times should I crank the engine?
I did a search alreay and nothing came up.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Buy the kit, or if you already have one, thread it into the spark plug hole. You should already know how to do the rest, since you searched. There are a million and a half threads on compression testing. Next time, try searching harder.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know there are a lot of post for compression test but none of them actually said how many cranks are required.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I believe the one by Sak, the third thread down says 5 cranks, so like I said, next time try searching. Bite_meeh if you have a problem with the rules of this site or the way I treat people who obviously haven't searched PM me and we can discuss it. If not, stop wasting bandwidth with your posts that do not contribute to the thread.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
5 cranks, 7 cranks, 3 cranks, 10 cranks... who cares how many cranks. If you do it by cranks, the next question people will start asking is how long for each crank?

Just do it until the gauge doesn't move anymore.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
racerx159 on Mar/30/04 said:
As per the haynes manual, it says 7 cranks of the engine, meaning let the car turn over 7 times. Period.
LOL! Is that the final answer? Can I use a lifeline? What should you do if you noticed the gauge is still climbing? Stop anyways?

Here is how C-SpeedRacing did thiers. And why is this such a big debate anyways? If you're not sure, just do it until it doesn't go up anymore or repeat it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts