Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a compression test today and here are the results:
1º cilinder 180
2º cilinder 217
3º cilinder 232
4º cilinder 212

He´ve found that an intake valve is losing 35 % compression pressure, in the 1º cilinder.
Also the valve was diferente from the others, it was at 0.0039 inches, in the 1º cilinder.
All other valves were bettwen 0.0059 - 0.0078 inches.

So, do you thinks that 0.039 in wich is bellow the OEM tolerances might damaged the valve or the valve seat ?
Do you think that it might be ok in the next miles or i´ll have to open the head and check for all valves ?

As for the dyno results i got 172.3 at wheels.

Please help me out on this.
Thanks in advance.

Pinota
_______

ITR B18C6 #1311
Endyn 82.mm - 11.5 CR pistons / Eagle rods
Decked block and head- total 0.023 inches
AEM CAI / port & polish head, intake manifold and throttle body- 70mm
DC SS JDM 4-1 / Ractive twinloop exaust 60mm / Supersprint B-pipe
Apexi V-AFC controller / B&M FPR / Greddy A/F warning metter
OEM rear strut bar / Hondata gasket
Spoon street disk, oil cap, radiator cap and thermostat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mechanic told me yesterday that he had everything checked before install.
He was looking inside the head chamber, the pistons were ok, but he found that the valve seat on the 1º cilinder valves were not looking like the others.

Do you think taht after the new refining adjustment on the intake valve will make the leak disapear ?

Thanks,

Pinota

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if the seat is ok, just change the intake valve in cylinder 1 and check the seat pressure. the seal and rocker interference clearance should be checked. check the installed height. when assembled do another leakdown test. should be ok

most people say that lapping the valve decreases the life of the seat and valve backface on a daily driver but it assures no leaks.

is your mechanic any good with cylinder heads in terms of seat pressure testing?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We did the test on the 1º cilinder twice.
He has a very good machine. I´ll test the cilinder compression pressure next week to check the compression with the new valve clearence, hope it will go close to the other cilinder compression.

If not i´ll get new valves to install.
Let´s see what happens.

What do you think ?
I had a 0.004" valve clearence for 2000 miles, instead of the stock valve clearences of 0.006"-0.008".
Do you think this might have damaged the valve seats or the valves ?
With the new adjustment, it might raise the cilinder compression ? It had a 35% leak in the 1º cilinder.

The rings are ok, no problems with the pistons.

Thanks,

Pinota

1 - 8 of 8 Posts