Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just did my compression test and all the cylinders avg to be around 160 for my LS with around 110K miles on it. IS this good? I didn't pull the fuse out and presss on the gas pedal all the way. I did it with one plug at a time with the rest still in. I just cranked the motor over 5 times. Would this affect my result because I just found out i am suppose to pull the fuse out and all the plugs out and crank it over 5 times. The motor was at its right temp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's low, but at least they are evenly low...I've got 195, 175, 175, 155 @ 145k. Don't plan on modifying that motor until it's rebuilt, but it will probably last a good while yet before it starts missing and NEEDS rebuilt.

Tom

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Yes

How can you fill the cylinders with air if the throttle is closed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't screw up the test by being lazy in hopes of convincing yourself that your worn motor is fine, it looks like that's what you're trying to do. Do it right and report the results and we'll give you the news.

Tom

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
ninja8oi on Apr/04/04 said:
Do you think the low numbers are because of the how the procedure was done?
don't half-ass an engine compression test and expect anyone here to tell you if your numbers are good or not. Do the test the way it was meant to be done so your numbers can then be compared to others.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
This is like putting an intake together and then just throwing it into your engine bay and closing the hood.

Do the test right and see what you get. =)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
allright guys. no more half ass doin this shiznit. finally did it the right way and here are my number

210 195 190 200

Do those numbers look correct. I thought stock compression max is 199. why is one of my cylinders 210. is that bad or good?

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
You're engine returned good numbers ninja....no worries.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
ninja8oi on Apr/23/04 said:
yes what is it and how do i get rid of it. my roomate was telling me the same thing. Is it bad
Use some seafoam... that will help clean out your motor... check the articles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts