Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of getting a new Integra(i'm excited!) and I found this guy selling a 95 RS with a b20b. The thing has a few problems, I searched, and I couldn't find a direct answer, so I figured I would post a thread. I'm sorry if I didn't search hard enough, it bugs me too.

"The motor knocks at start-up. It goes away after about 5 seconds. The car also smokes at startup, but goes away within 5 minutes. When the clutch gets pressed in, sometimes the car will drop to 250 rpms and then jymp back up, and other times it cuts off. dont know what it is. when the rpms drop low, the oil light flickers, then goes off when the rpms climb back up. but the oil is fine, still full, not leaking or burning like it shouldnt be. Motor is spotless, no oil leaks, no coolant leaks."

So it knocks for about 5 seconds, then the car smokes...and depressing the clutch makes the RPMs dip a LOT, and all that.

Anyone know what some of these issues may be caused by? This isn't my #1 choice for an Integra, but it's one of the backups.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Don't deal with that car. It's not worth the possible problems.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
well it depends what u want to do with the car
take it to a technician to look at and tell u whats wrong
or ask the guy because most likely he knows whats wrongjust doesnt want to tell u
or ask him how much he thinks it will urn to fix the problem i mean b18b engines are not that expensive

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would take it to a technician, but I have too much pride. I work on Hondas all the time, and I just don't really know what's going on with this b20. It wouldn't stay in for long, I have an ITR longblock laying around at my friend's house waiting to be put to use.

I dunno. There are so many cars out there, but I really really want a Honda with VTEC...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
If its a good price for a shell, id say go for it, and rip the motor out.. Doesnt sound very good though.. Stock crank pulley? What color is the smoke? and the clutch thing... you got me.. clutch pedal should have no direct relation to engine rpms (unless shifting obviously)..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's $2000obo....
I'm just gonna keep looking, I have a GSR that i'm interested in...if that falls through i'll offer him $1,200.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the record, i've known that the car's really been beat on, I was just hoping you guys would have an uncle's friend's brother kinda story with an answer to a problem or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.