Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there are total power package kits available. So rather than buying everything seperate you can buy 1 kit that will add 20, 30, 40, 1000hp etc. And if so where can you get them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you got to a local shop like i did and tell them you what you want, they can give you a really good deal on the package. Another solution is to go to some online shops such as Modacar and they'll have some packages for you to choose. Anyway you look at it though, your always going to have to buy the performance items seperately b/c not all good performance items are sold in packages plus every setup is different. Good hunting

·
Registered
42 Posts
suprastore.com has them. not for tegs though. looking at something like $10,000 for 800HP, not too bad. have yet to find a site that has them for our cars. It is a good idea though. Whats his name is always talking about how parts work together. If they were sold in packages that are allready proven to work well, it would take a lot of the guesswork out of things...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sure a package has been proven to give you X amount of horsepower but what really determines the gains is not the add-ons alone rather tuning the car is the key. Anything you get that changes the air/fuel, timing, etc. needs to be tuned. Unfortunately i should take my own damn advice but i don't got the time nor money. Oh wells

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I understand all that, but its no fun when you've got nothing fun to tune:) it would just be much easier if there was a kit that you could add then tune it to top performance. Opposed to constantly tuning everytime you add a new mod.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i never agree more about opposing to constantly tune it everytime you add a mod but think about this though, no matter how many times you say your just going to buy this package and stop.......the more your going to want to add more mods. Trust me, i said i'll stop with the I/H/E then i added nitrous, bodykit, turbo, blah blah blah. My point being, your going to visit the dyno more than once or twice in your lifetime regaurdless.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Landspeed Racing offers packages, I think. They usually include header, intake & exhaust, but you can also get a package w/ a supercharger and/or nitrous. I don't think they make any HP claims though.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
any shop will give you a "staged package" or crate motors. It all depends on the money you are willing to spend. If you call Ericks' Racing, AEBS/ R&D, Comptech, Importbuilders, JG Engine Dynamics, Endyn, DPR, DRT Racing, Spoon, Gude....all of these shops have crate motors or stage packages. They choose for you and then assemble the parts on your engine...Kaching, Kaching....or should I say, bling, bling...

The question to ask is how long do they last and how much are you going to abuse the package by pushing the envelope?

The key here is a good communication between builder and customer about expectations and discussing options within a budget and realistic performance envelope. A builder who always pushes a high cost item ("milking you" as the sales people put it with either fear or the attractions of more power...whatever that means...remember rpm powerband location, location, location) without giving you options/alternatives and trade-offs or without consideration of your budget is really not a person I would want to work with.

You have to be realistic too in terms of power goals and expectations on reliability. Race only parts aren't in daily drivers meant for 100K miles for a reason.

If I get 50-60K miles out of a modified crate engine that meets my powerband location and power goals, I'm totally ecstatic.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
If your going too spend alot of money on performance kits, why not just get a turbo?. since you might spend some more money on getting your car dyno tune.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
gotta stay away from the modacar power packages... with the JRSC kit, they bundle a DC sports header, and we all know those aren't good ideas

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I plan on turbo but I want to make the internals strong to handle a bigger boost and if there were packages or something it would just be easier. I know enough to pick out the right parts, but a package would help me not to miss anything

1 - 14 of 14 Posts