Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok team.... Hahaha anyways. I ve been looking to up grade my suspension and i was looking at the price of some good complete kits and there pertty pricey. Like five hundred for a pair... So i was thinking is there any other options out there.. such as a good shock spring combo.... let me know team....

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
do u mean 500 for a set or 1000 for a set? haha cause basicly anything between that isnt a terrible price. i spent 650 on omnipowers and im extremly happy with them.

a good shock and spring combo is still guna cost over 500 bux...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not a whole lot concering the price... some think u get what u pay for and others don't. You really have to look at the perks and disadvantages of the different product choices. I.E. adjustable damper adjustable hight ect...

·
Registered
957 Posts
A good one that I liked were OBX full coilover suspensions. Dual springs w/ 12 point adjustable dampening.
I bought some for my friend off a Ebay for $450.oo.
All 4 and brand new.

one of my Buddys put them on a 95' GSR
and another one of my friends put them on his 96' Civic.
It's been about 2 yrs now and they're still good.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Have you considered pic performance?

My friend is a real world tester for their products. They have done shock dynos and things to make sure their products are top notch. They have some great options, some with extra sets of springs, custom springs rates, autocross to road race to rally setups..

They are a relatively new company, but are smart enough to thoroughly test their products before sending them out to the public to avoid problems like Omni has had...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks strokeless... and goodlooking out kyle. so is there kind of a split decision on this topic? some are saying its jus as good to go a spring shock combo and others are saying I would be better off spending the money and getting a complete coilover? Is it possible to run a complete coilover on the front two and a spring shock set in the rear? Being the front end is usually the one that gets rasied and lowerd the most... For seasonal reasons and also it is where you would want the best suspension.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i wouldnt try mixing and matching. just doesnt sound right. not to mention just harder to put together since they springs and coilovers arnt typically sold in pairs.

but yea like i said, check out the omnipowers.
www.kteller.com has great prices on them. and plenty of people are very happy with them.

personally id i stay away from the obx ones, obx isnt known for the best quality with their parts. not saying all are bad, but i can tell u for a fact my high flow cat was a peice of crap.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I saw the topic of suspension and I also had a question as well. I've only had my 01 gsr for a few months and I did install HnR " sport" springs on it. I was looking into getting some new struts as well, I guess my question would have to be is what kind of ride adjustment would I be getting replacing the struts and does anyone know what the best brand would be w/those springs?

·
Registered
484 Posts
im sorry .. im fairly new to this site and well i havent fully grasped the concept of other things. I really mean no disrespect on this thread. I just saw lowering and went with it. please excuse my improper judgement on the question in the thread. hope you all understand.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
zsibisi on Feb/04/06 said:
im sorry .. im fairly new to this site and well i havent fully grasped the concept of other things. I really mean no disrespect on this thread. I just saw lowering and went with it. please excuse my improper judgement on the question in the thread. hope you all understand.
no need to be sorry. there is lots of great info on the site which you can use w/o even having to post questions. use the search function and read up on your questions. almost everything has already been covered. if not, then feel free to ask. and oh yeh...welcome!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hey, StatGSR, Those Teins will work for me. I got a 2gen.
All you would probaly need would be my forks.
I know I can use DC forks, So it should work both ways.

As for mix matching the stuff. Ahhh, that's a hard call, but I do say do your suspension right the first time or dont do it at all. Cause you'll regret it later on.

Coilovers will give you more tuneability. Springs/struts will only give you one certain kind of ride all the time.
I went with this combo only because I got sick of adjust my stuff all the time, but now I regret it. I'm thinking of either getting some new coilovers or an air ride system.

Well, Good Luck on finding what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.