Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm completely redoing my car audio. I already have a decent face plate and was wondering what speakers/ sub I should go with. I saw these speakers on ebay and was wondering what you guys thought. sony xplodAlso I saw this sub and was wondering when it says non amplified, does that mean an amp is not nessesary? Thx for the expected help.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dont by sony, they are cheap junk. Well in my opinion. If you wanna spend money on speakers, get a nice set of infinity components up from, and 3 ways in the back. Im gonna get compents this summer, right now im runnin pioneer 2/3 ways in the front and back. Also if you buy a sub and box, you do need an amp, and a amp kit to wire it up. If you wanna skip all that, check out the infinity BASSLINK Great thing, good price to for all that it is.

·
Registered
512 Posts
All subs require an amp to run properly. Try matching RMS power or higher for the requirements of the woofer.

Crutchfield Catalog's (which is free), offer basic tech for car audio setups as well as most reptable car audio shops.

You can also sample most products that shops have, so you can listen to what sounds good to you, with the type of music that you listen to, and with the budget that your working with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont think sony is wht u want nicly said in post before "Cheap Junk". My opinion anything alpine U cant go wrong. infinity components are also great have a set in my car love them also have 2 alpine type e 10s and everything sounds great everyone that gets in my car say thats i have the best sh*t they have ever heard.these are people that arnt car audio enthusests tho so it dosnt take a whole lot i would asume

I have a set of xplode 5 1/4s in my beater car right now and ther is a lot of crackling and poping in them so they are pieces of sh*t i also used to have a sony deck in it also piece of sh*t it always skiped when i hit a few pebles or a bump.have a pioner deck in it now and when i first put that in i was like o my god what a piece of sh*t that sony was so u could definetly hear the difrence so in conclution

Sony = piece of sh*t

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree, Sony is garbage. All of it. Amps, subs, head units, speakers are all crap EXCEPT for the ES line, that is high quality, dope iish.
When it says a sub is "non-amplified", that means it needs an amp. An "amplified sub" comes with its own amp.
And finally a warning, once your on Crutchfield's mailing list, you'll be on it for the rest of your life! I haven't bought anything from Crutchfield for 9 years, I've moved 6 times since then and they always find me! Same story with JC Whitney...its insane.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Here is a good moto to follow.... If you can buy it at Walmart, DO NOT put it in your car!
Go with alpine or MA Audio or if you want to fork out the money go with Boston Acoustic. Just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i think for subs i would go with jl w7s. maybe even just one, they are that good. to me jl has always had a good product. ive ran them in both of my cars and if i did another system you could bet it would again have jl in them. this is for subs, i dont know much about their mids and highs but for mids and highs i would say listen to everyone else and go with infinity. if you are looking for an amp i would go with the older precision power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts