Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which enginges can be swapped into the G2? Can a B18C fit? Would a B16 fit (or would that be pointless)? Insurance is killing me for my G3 GSR and an looking to save some cash. Figured a G2 with a swap would fool 'em.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
RacerZook on Sep/10/02 said:
Which enginges can be swapped into the G2? Can a B18C fit? Would a B16 fit (or would that be pointless)?
B16A
B17A
B18C
B20B
H22A
And no it wouldnt be pointless, thats the most commom engine i see in g2's. Personally i would go with the b18C. Best all motor setup. It all depends on how much $$$ ur willing to spend

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a B16, and believe me. its not pointless.
any B series motor will fit. the only one you will have trouble getting in is the H22/23.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i don't see why the b16a motor. i mean sure, it's a great motor - good potential, but out-of-the-box it has NO torque! I'd just stick with the good ole b18 block and work from that. B18C1 sounds good

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
LT6916 on Sep/14/02 said:
i don't see why the b16a motor. i mean sure, it's a great motor - good potential, but out-of-the-box it has NO torque! I'd just stick with the good ole b18 block and work from that. B18C1 sounds good
and does a teg wiegh more than a civicwich is why i wouldnt want b16a, but the head and the b18 bottom end whoah!!!!< like keaunue reeves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
don't bother going with the b16 if you are getting a turbo, just turbo the B18a. You will be really happy with it. If you are at all concerned with handling don't go with the H22! Way to heavy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah man just rebuild the B18 you got and turbo the beeyatch. If you didn't you wouldn't be able to safely run a lot o' boost, and when you do watch the f' out!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
get he h22a...thats what im planning on getting...see it does push the lude around but the lude is heavy..imagine in our tegs...with some tuning and n/a work...we'll fly...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote: ...any B series motor will fit...[/QUOTE]
My 1st post here :) Is this true? Any B series? B18C1, even B18C5? (and how hard are they to come by?) What about engine mounts, etc.? I've a 94 Civic Hatch and just bought a 93 Teg LS (YYYYeeeeeehhhaawwww!!). The Integra handles like a dream, but my little stock Hatch is waaay too close for comfort on a strait. Sh!t, put a b16a (or just a i/h/e setup) in it and all you'd see is the back end if you were in the LS.

I know my Hatch is a bad @ss little mofo (it really grows on you), but I'd like to think my "sports car" is just that. Hence my interest in the B18C# swap.

I'd hate having my gorgeous new ride be red-light fodder for any teenager with $1000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, yeah. Thanks to tsqualers for mentioning g2ic in a post I was reading. Just what I was looking for when I found team-integra.

And thank YOU team-integra. You have a wonderful site and the articles are top-notch. I see Teg owners love their cars as much as Civic folks. (who wouldn't love the art that is Honda engineering?)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've seen a G2 Integra with a H22A, not pretty. Has major hood clearance problems. Not sure on how it handles.

Any B series motor bolts in. But you should use a cable tranny, not hydro.

·
Registered
663 Posts
if a b18c will fit, i don't see why a b18c5 would. and if you're willing to spend 5 Gs on a type r, you should check out the spoon set up they got here. their engines range from like 5-6 Gs. but they would be off the hook though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, a b18c5 will fit, its the same exact motor as the b18c1 as far as measurments go. B18a/b, b18c1/c5, b16a/b, b20, and b17a's will all fit. check out www.G2IC.com like someone else said. at least half the people on their, including my self, are not running with stock motors. and i think 2 people are running the b18c5.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i almost got a b16c5 for my 90 teg until i found a great deal on a 96 GSR. and spoon engines are expensive as hell! $5,888 for the b16. i think b18c5s are like $4300 if you know where to get one. the c1 is good enough for me.

teggy dude, what are you more proud of your car or your wife? haha, just messin, nice car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
spacedout on Oct/16/02 said:
i almost got a b16c5 for my 90 teg until i found a great deal on a 96 GSR. and spoon engines are expensive as hell! $5,888 for the b16. i think b18c5s are like $4300 if you know where to get one. the c1 is good enough for me.

teggy dude, what are you more proud of your car or your wife? haha, just messin, nice car.
hopefuly thats a typo, theres no such thing as a b16c5. and b16a1's are only $1,100.

if your looking for a motor for the teg, click here. these guys are really good and garantee your car will start up. if anything is messed up or broken, they will replace it for free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts